[0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

AndrolGenhald wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Warfare 0.16.3:
Added clamp_position = true to all artillery ammo. This should fix the min_range issue.
Also removed artillery projectile smoke from my artillery ammo, and added map reveal mechanics.

Vehicleequipment 0.16.2:
Added clamp_position = true to plasma artillery. This should fix the min_range issue.
clamp_position broke my artillery range research, they now fire at things that are in range but the shells explode long before they reach the target.
Well, nuts.

I reported it as a bug viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57700
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

TheChosenOne
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheChosenOne »

Not a Bob's mods itself (but made for one) but guess I'll ask here in the general topic. Can always try. :)

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/jgmreque ... ontrolbobs is a mod which adds the features from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Flow%20Control to Bob's pipes.
However it is not updated yet which well sucks. :lol:

So small suggestion to make it part of the base mod (one can hope!) or does someone know another new/updated mod?

Ok naptime now, 1:21... finally got oil running in new 0.16 map....ZzZz

Wendigo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wendigo »

Love your mods btw but a quick question for you or someone of the community that may know. I like the add-ons but one thing I dislike are the somewhat more 'complicated' circuit boards in that you need wood etc. Is there anyway to turn off some of these more 'complex' recipes? Thanks to anyone who can help an Intermediate Noob!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Wendigo wrote:Love your mods btw but a quick question for you or someone of the community that may know. I like the add-ons but one thing I dislike are the somewhat more 'complicated' circuit boards in that you need wood etc. Is there anyway to turn off some of these more 'complex' recipes? Thanks to anyone who can help an Intermediate Noob!
you can't really turn off individual recipes, but if you specifically don't like the more complex electronics, just don't install the electronics mod.
That's pretty much THE reason why it's its own mod.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

can you add detection for bobtech module?

there is for bobplates and bobmodules, and few others, but not for bobtech

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:can you add detection for bobtech module?

Alright, lets steal the code from bobrevamp, copy paste and edit....
bobrevamp doesn't have it either.

I'll add it to both.

Although, although they are used for other mods to detech them now... they were originally added as a place for me to hold global variables (Like gems existing as a check, even though there's no mod called bobgems) that held values I could load in multiple places, and across mods.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bobingabout wrote:
mexmer wrote:can you add detection for bobtech module?

Alright, lets steal the code from bobrevamp, copy paste and edit....
bobrevamp doesn't have it either.

I'll add it to both.

Although, although they are used for other mods to detech them now... they were originally added as a place for me to hold global variables (Like gems existing as a check, even though there's no mod called bobgems) that held values I could load in multiple places, and across mods.
i'm just doing some fixes on SCT, so need to detect bobtech, not sure if bobrevamp does something to research.

for some reason

Code: Select all

if data.raw.items["logistic-science-pack"] then
end
doesn't work
although i want to add more code there, so it's better to detect whole module, like i did with angels bio

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Science packs are tools, so try using

if data.raw.tool["logistic-science-pack"] then
end
Alternatively mods can be checked using the global mods table:

if mods["bobtech"] then
end
Seablock contains a few tweaks to ScienceCostTweaker (adjusting lab-2 recipe, logstics pack inputs, icon reordering), you're welcome to copy anything from there you think is useful. Searching for "sct" in seablock data-updates.lua and data-final-fixes.lua should find the relevant code.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mexmer wrote:for some reason

if data.raw.items["logistic-science-pack"] then
end
doesn't work
It's a tool, so you have to specify data.raw.tool, not item. See what Trainwreck said.
also, your code is wrong anyway, because it's data.raw.item, not items.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Trainwreck wrote:Science packs are tools, so try using

if data.raw.tool["logistic-science-pack"] then
end
Alternatively mods can be checked using the global mods table:

if mods["bobtech"] then
end
Seablock contains a few tweaks to ScienceCostTweaker (adjusting lab-2 recipe, logstics pack inputs, icon reordering), you're welcome to copy anything from there you think is useful. Searching for "sct" in seablock data-updates.lua and data-final-fixes.lua should find the relevant code.
this check for mod looks easier, was that it in 0.15 already? i never did checks for mods myself, and in original uberwaffe code check is

bobIsAbout = false
if (settings.startup["sct-recipes"].value == "bobsmods" and bobmods and bobmods.plates) then
	bobIsAbout = true
end
btw. lab-2 is from bobtech, in sct T2 lab is sct-lab-2

i don't think uberwaffe made fixes for bobtech, since you can produce and use lab-2, but that would mean, you don't need sct-lab-2 and higher, because lab-2 allows usage of all SCT packs, that is imo imbalance, which i plan to fix sooner or later.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I've been putting this off too long.

plates 0.16.1:
changed empty gas bottle, and fuel canister to stack size 10
Made gasses use gas pipe graphics instead of fluid.
Added fuel value of 4MJ to liquid fuel. (for future use)
Added fuel value of 4.6MJ to Petroleum Gas. Also made it use gas pipe graphics.
Added fuel value of 3MJ to Light oil.
Added fuel value of 2MJ to Heavy oil.
Reballanced Petroleum Gas to Hydrogen cracking recipe
Reballanced Heavy oil from Coal cracking recipe
Reballanced fuel block from hydrogen recipe.
Increased electrolyser power consumption to 2.5x
Decreased collision box of Electrolyser so it is possible to walk between it and other entities.

revamp 0.16.1:
nuclear fuel changes. acceleration multiplier 200%, top speed multiplier 125%, stack size 2.
Made gasses use gas pipe graphics instead of fluid.
Added fuel value of 380kJ to hydrazine. (for future use)
Added global bobmods.revamp

Library 0.16.4:
tablemerge now functions as intended

Tech 0.16.1:
changed Science pack gold item to require alien science to exist. (recipe already required it)
Added global bobmods.tech

Logistics 0.16.7:
Increased request slots of MK3 buffer and requester chests to 24.
Added an option to disable roboports, making it so you have to use the modular parts. (disables base game recipe, but not entity/item.)
Updated valve locale entry to be something more compatible.
Recoloured Titanium chest (and as a result MK3 Logistic chests) to make it more obvious

Warfare 0.16.4:
Added darkness_to_turn_on to nightvision. MK3 should come on as it starts to get dark for a never ending daytime feeling.
Added fuel value of 1.46MJ to glycerol. (for future use)
Added Uranium shotgun shells.

assembly 0.16.1:
Increased electrolyser power consumption to 2.5x
Decreased collision box of chemical plant and Electrolyser so it is possible to walk between it and other entities.
I also have a Patreon.

Randonx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Randonx »

Had to rebind 'Open Inserter configuration GUI' which I previously had on the 'grave' key. Now when I rebind it to 'grave' it says Key190. Happened after your most recent patches. Not sure if anything else is affected yet.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

I had a discussion on discord earlier that was discussing how the red and blue belts recipes could do with some tweaking in your mod pack.
Proposal:
Red belt set... replace iron gears with steel gears, reduce gear count required to be reasonable (given higher tier material)
Blue belt set... replace iron gears with Brass gear wheels and Aluminium bearings (need a new AL sinc, and making bearings would not a bad addition...)

skipping from iron to titanium feels a bit disjointed at the moment.

this change would bring belts into line with many of the other items in terms of material progression...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Randonx wrote:Had to rebind 'Open Inserter configuration GUI' which I previously had on the 'grave' key. Now when I rebind it to 'grave' it says Key190. Happened after your most recent patches. Not sure if anything else is affected yet.
Nothing I've done should have changed that, I didn't change the inserters mod at all, and none of the other I updated have any key binds, so that should have been untouched.
pezzawinkle wrote:I had a discussion on discord earlier that was discussing how the red and blue belts recipes could do with some tweaking in your mod pack.
Proposal:
Red belt set... replace iron gears with steel gears, reduce gear count required to be reasonable (given higher tier material)
Blue belt set... replace iron gears with Brass gear wheels and Aluminium bearings (need a new AL sinc, and making bearings would not a bad addition...)

this change would bring belts into line with many of the other items in terms of material progression...
The main reason why I didn't do anything like that in the past is that I didn't want to change existing things too much... however that stance has changed somewhat over the years, and the logistics mod does change a lot of base game things already, mostly around roboports. I'll make a note and look into it. Though Aluminium is quite soft, it's not really a bearing material, but I could go with Brass bearings.

Currently, the tiering of bearings is a bit wonky. although steel bearings are unlocked with steel at the same time as steel gears, as what I call a T2 material (requires red research), they usually go on T3 objects (made from Brass, Aluminium etc)
There is also a T4 ceramic bearing, which is side by side with Titanium bearing.

For reference, here is my material tiering list. It's a bit out of date though referring to Alien science / science pack 4... just use Production pack for Tier 5. High tech is then Tier 6. (There was also higher tiers of research which can be seen in the warfare and vehicle equipment mods that use the multiple alien science packs)
T1 is anything that doesn't require research to be made.
Iron, Copper, Stone blocks, Tin, Lead, Silver and Glass.
T2 is anything that requires only red science, or a T1 material to make.
Steel, Nickel and Bronze.
T3 is anything that requires Green science
Plastic, Zinc, Brass and Gunmetal, Aluminium, Gold, Silicon, Invar, and Cobalt/Cobalt steel
T4 is anything that requires Blue science
Titanium, Tungsten, Electrum, and Ceramic(Silicon Nitride)
T5 is anything that requires Alien science or science pack 4, or just T4 materials as a component.
Nitinol, Tungsten Carbide and Copper Tungsten Alloy.
I also have a Patreon.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

bobingabout wrote:
Randonx wrote:Had to rebind 'Open Inserter configuration GUI' which I previously had on the 'grave' key. Now when I rebind it to 'grave' it says Key190. Happened after your most recent patches. Not sure if anything else is affected yet.
Nothing I've done should have changed that, I didn't change the inserters mod at all, and none of the other I updated have any key binds, so that should have been untouched.
pezzawinkle wrote:I had a discussion on discord earlier that was discussing how the red and blue belts recipes could do with some tweaking in your mod pack.
Proposal:

The main reason why I didn't do anything like that in the past is that I didn't want to change existing things too much... however that stance has changed somewhat over the years, and the logistics mod does change a lot of base game things already, mostly around roboports. I'll make a note and look into it. Though Aluminium is quite soft, it's not really a bearing material, but I could go with Brass bearings.
I would like to add my two cents in here if I may; since I am going through another playthrough from the start with 0.16. I will agree that the jump from iron to titanium is a bit of a leap. I like the idea of using steel gears and steel bearings somewhere along the way. Aluminum is not good for bearings, it is too soft of a metal. If I remember correctly, the blue express belts are unlocked with logistic science on top of blue (#3). I would think a more progressive recipe approach can be done in one of two ways.

Suggestion 1: Keep Red belts as they are requiring iron gears. The ramp up in volume is a challenge in production scale here. Then have the blue belts require steel bearings and gears. Or even better, they require steel bearings and brass gears.

Suggestion 2: Have red belts require steel gears and bearings. The blue belts can require steel bearings and brass gears, based on tiers of materials in your list. Or, maybe as a challenge, have ceramic bearings be required for blue belts, and treat ceramics as a Tier 3.5 material. It may be a bit of a step, but it utilizes some materials in the mid-game that might make the progression a little "smoother." This, however, breaks your tier list. :P

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I think I'm just going to do what I did with other things.

Yellow: As is
Red: Steel plates and gears
Blue: Steel bearings, Brass gears and Aluminium plates? Maybe drop the lube
Green: Titanium gears and bearings. Advanced circuit for the splitter
Purple: Nitinol gears and bearings. Processing unit for the splitter

Additional thoughts.
With bob inserters, the long inserter is kind of useless. so, change inserters around too.
Yellow, red, blue, green, purple inserters, each slightly better than the last, probably unlocked along with their matching belt. (Can still keep a long inserter, or two, if bob inserters isn't installed)
Filter inserter variations could have some kind of overlay, like the stripes on the current express stack inserter.
Stack inserters might need to have their colours changed to match the speed of their standard counterpart. They do use different graphics, but could still have an overlay applied to make it more obvious that they're stack variants.

Perhaps it could be something obvious like, White stripes for filter, and bright pink stripes for stack (need something easy enough to see on all colours)

I was also thinking about some of the speed rebalances that people suggest for belts too, but that's a bit more involved.
EDIT:
Current speeds are actually 0.03125 and multiples there of... which sounds like odd numbers but 0.03125 is 1/32, so red is 2/32, blue is 3/32, green is 4/32 and purple is 5/32. some people were sporting numbers like a speed of 13.3 for yellow, 26.6 for red and 40 for blue, I wonder what those numbers are.
I also have a Patreon.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

bobingabout wrote: Perhaps it could be something obvious like, White stripes for filter, and bright pink stripes for stack (need something easy enough to see on all colours)
i did read stripers, and it sounded like awesome idea :mrgreen:

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

bobingabout wrote: **snip**
Current speeds are actually 0.03125 and multiples there of... which sounds like odd numbers but 0.03125 is 1/32, so red is 2/32, blue is 3/32, green is 4/32 and purple is 5/32. some people were sporting numbers like a speed of 13.3 for yellow, 26.6 for red and 40 for blue, I wonder what those numbers are.
the numbers are items/s for both lanes combined. The speed of the belt is, well the distance it moves per tick(1/60 s). For throughput you would also have to know the density, what apparently is 7 1/9 (40/60/(3/32)).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

That's actually quite nasty to code, because a speed of 10 that a lot of people are asking for would be (4/3)/32. which although doesn't look too bad, doesn't store well in binary.

Anyway, a bit of maths. 7.11111 /2 = 3.55555, 32/3.55555 = 9.
Apparently each item on the belt takes up 9 pixels of space.
I also have a Patreon.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Red inserter change sounds really nice, i sometimes like to use them instead of the blue ones since they are bit faster than yellows but much cheaper than blues.
And having to fiddle with arm lengths and them not being directly upgradeable is sometimes bit irritating.

Return to “Bob's mods”