Why not do Bob's mods the right way?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Helldragger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Why not do Bob's mods the right way?

Post by Helldragger »

Ooooh I remember seeing this tree for bob and angel which happen to show which product can be transformed to other product et caetera et catera: (warning it's big)

By itself it's monstruously complicated (as it should :D), but when you look at a specific product it can help to understand where the next step you need to take is! maybe something like a tutorial about introducing to some crucial parts of it (like how to get sulfure waste at first?) could help to get players started, and help them to discover more advanced recipes by themselves, plus some tutorials with examples of the new stuff introduced with each mod?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

A link would be better than inline. I can only see the left edge of that.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Rseding91 wrote:As such there is no documentation because it changes too frequently and would almost always be wrong. Additionally actions come and go as we work on each version when we need to send new data into the game from some GUI and constantly adding and removing all of the documentation at this stage in development would take too much time for the utility it provided.
This right here is pretty much why I stopped updating my mod documentation, then when it got really out of date, deleted it.
I also have a Patreon.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Thanks for reminding me of this thread... I asked HanziQ about a mod wiki. At the time he was not willing to host it and said that the new mod portal should have a place where mods can be documented. Now, the new mod portal is here and we still dont have that place.

This kinda concludes the topic for me. Wube seems to have no interest in hosting mod documentation, so if there is ever any documentation made by users, it will have to be hosted by users.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Bilka wrote:Thanks for reminding me of this thread... I asked HanziQ about a mod wiki. At the time he was not willing to host it and said that the new mod portal should have a place where mods can be documented. Now, the new mod portal is here and we still dont have that place.

This kinda concludes the topic for me. Wube seems to have no interest in hosting mod documentation, so if there is ever any documentation made by users, it will have to be hosted by users.
That is fantastic news! /sarcasm
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”