[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

IamI
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by IamI »

Will you consider adding some like 'Crusher' in 5dim or 'Washer' in Yuoki to increase ore production?
It's my only reason to reserve them.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

IamI wrote:Will you consider adding some like 'Crusher' in 5dim or 'Washer' in Yuoki to increase ore production?
Probably not something like that, but most likely just adding more alternate recipes like I have with Lead and Copper (to get cobalt).
And "Crushing" would likely just be done in an assembling machine, and "Washing" in a chemical plant. I mean, we already have some metal powders made in an assembling machine.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

IamI
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IamI »

bobingabout wrote:
IamI wrote:Will you consider adding some like 'Crusher' in 5dim or 'Washer' in Yuoki to increase ore production?
Probably not something like that, but most likely just adding more alternate recipes like I have with Lead and Copper (to get cobalt).
And "Crushing" would likely just be done in an assembling machine, and "Washing" in a chemical plant. I mean, we already have some metal powders made in an assembling machine.
Crusher or Washer, it's: Adding a process, Get a output gain ( for 5dim's Crusher, it's X 2, for YI's Washer, it's X 1.2 for early game and X 1.8 for late game) like:
1 iron ore -> 2 iron powder -> 2 iron plate (5dim)
5 iron ore -> 3 pure iron -> 6 iron plate (Yuoki, Early game)
Lead-Copper Production often is mainly for get cobalt but not increase the output.
Or you don't like that increasing the production with no plugin science?

daggertx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daggertx »

Hi,

Can i get a quick instruction on how to edit the bob's mod to put the iron plate-->steel back to 2 to 1 instead of 5 to 1? Thank you!!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

daggertx wrote:Hi,

Can i get a quick instruction on how to edit the bob's mod to put the iron plate-->steel back to 2 to 1 instead of 5 to 1? Thank you!!
Download and/or extract the bobconfig mod. Edit the config.lua file and change the option for it. Not sure what it is called off the top of my head but it should be easy to find. When you are finished you can leave the bobconfig mod unzipped

VokunWraith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VokunWraith »

Hey,

I am experiencing a bug with your logistics mod. Pretty much everything in the mod when placed on the ground are invisible. the image shows an example of several mark 2 storage chests several of which have been damaged so you can see their location. Great mods by the way.
Attachments
2017-03-23.png
2017-03-23.png (2.66 MiB) Viewed 7675 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

VokunWraith wrote:Hey,

I am experiencing a bug with your logistics mod. Pretty much everything in the mod when placed on the ground are invisible. the image shows an example of several mark 2 storage chests several of which have been damaged so you can see their location. Great mods by the way.
They work just fine for me. Is it possible that you're using another mod that might be doing something to break their graphics?

Completely unrelated note, Why Nitinol is so awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... BsSo#t=307
I also have a Patreon.

VokunWraith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VokunWraith »

bobingabout wrote: They work just fine for me. Is it possible that you're using another mod that might be doing something to break their graphics?
Alright so I deactivated all mods except for bob's mods then reactivated them one at a time checking each time. I have found 2 mods that cause the invisibility problem. The mods are Water Fix and AAI programmable vehicles.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

VokunWraith wrote:
bobingabout wrote: They work just fine for me. Is it possible that you're using another mod that might be doing something to break their graphics?
Alright so I deactivated all mods except for bob's mods then reactivated them one at a time checking each time. I have found 2 mods that cause the invisibility problem. The mods are Water Fix and AAI programmable vehicles.
Hello,

i use them both and various other mods and have no graphic related problems.

I guess the problem lies more at your graphic card/driver/settings ...

Did you read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3077 ?

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

daggertx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daggertx »

Nexela wrote:
daggertx wrote:Hi,

Download and/or extract the bobconfig mod. Edit the config.lua file and change the option for it. Not sure what it is called off the top of my head but it should be easy to find. When you are finished you can leave the bobconfig mod unzipped

Thank you I got it working!

dog_365
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dog_365 »

can you ad new recipies for the rocket and with al the new metals that your mod ads it woud be a lot more fun

Greenrover_0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Greenrover_0 »

Hey I'm having trouble with tungstic acid. I've been moving to the swarm stage of the game and I'm barreling all the fluids but I've come to tungstic acid and it doesn't appear to have a barreled form. I'm also running angels petrochem and I looked through all of those as well and it's not there either. Is this intended or is it just an oversight? I looked in a game that's just bob's and it still doesn't show up there either so the item is definitely missing or the recipe is at least.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

dog_365 wrote:can you ad new recipies for the rocket and with al the new metals that your mod ads it woud be a lot more fun
CMHMod does that at the moment. I'll likely do something for 0.15.
Greenrover_0 wrote:Hey I'm having trouble with tungstic acid. I've been moving to the swarm stage of the game and I'm barreling all the fluids but I've come to tungstic acid and it doesn't appear to have a barreled form. I'm also running angels petrochem and I looked through all of those as well and it's not there either. Is this intended or is it just an oversight? I looked in a game that's just bob's and it still doesn't show up there either so the item is definitely missing or the recipe is at least.
It's not an oversight. As I've explained a few times, not all fluids can be bottled/barrelled. Tungstic Acid is one of those few that has only a single purpose, making Tungstic Oxide, and therefore was deemed to not need to be transported. So the theory goes that since you don't need to use it for anything else, you'd make it straight into the powder at the same facility that makes the acid, then distribute that powder instead.
I also have a Patreon.

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Greenrover_0 wrote:Hey I'm having trouble with tungstic acid. I've been moving to the swarm stage of the game and I'm barreling all the fluids but I've come to tungstic acid and it doesn't appear to have a barreled form. I'm also running angels petrochem and I looked through all of those as well and it's not there either. Is this intended or is it just an oversight? I looked in a game that's just bob's and it still doesn't show up there either so the item is definitely missing or the recipe is at least.
I would suggest omnibarrels mod. I tend to like to barrel almost everything as well. Though I don't barrel tungstic acid, I believe the omnibarrels mod makes literally every fluid able to be barreled.

Xenoran99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenoran99 »

EDIT: Upon further research, I have determined that I needed to reload my tech tree with console commands. It is now fixed.

So, I seem to be having some issues with the Greenhouse mod. When I look at the files included in the mod, it appears to me that there is supposed to be some research needed to unlock the ability to make greenhouses. However, when I am in game there is no such research. I have looked, but don't see any options in the mod itself to make the researches available. I thought that maybe it was an issue with the Bob's Config mod, but as far as I can tell, it has absolutely no interaction with the Greenhouse mod. Assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Because it might be asked, I will list my mods:
5dim's(all except Ores and Modules)
AAI mods
AfraidOfTheDark
Angel's Ores(All of them)
Auto Deconstruct
auto-research
Big Brother
Big Bags
BioTech
BioTech Extended
Black Market
Bob's mods(All except Warfare, Enemies, and Modules)
Bottleneck
Dark Matter Replicators
Eco Trees
EvoGUI
Factorissimo2
FARL
Foreman
Hacked Splitters
Handy Handcrafting
Late Upgrades
Logistics Mining
NPBees
Rail Tanker
Robot Army
RSO
Z Group Change
Z Recycling

According to the mod page in game, they are all up to date.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

This is an issue that you're not supposed to run into anymore, since as of Factorio v0.13 Techs and Recipes are reloaded every time the mod config changes. This is adding, removing or updating ANY mod (even the base game), therefore, unless you're a modder, and change the contents of your mod without changing version numbers, you should never have to run the commands manually.

There may be issues that can be encountered if you add mods to a game one at a time (loading and saving between each mod), since certain mods (quite a few of mine) adapt themselves to the game situation when they are added. Although prototypes will eventually fall in line, Migration scripts (or in the case of my mods, they're often more along the lines of setup scripts) are only run once when first added.

I'm glad you fixed it though!
I also have a Patreon.

Xenoran99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenoran99 »

Well, it seems that everything was actually working as intended.I ended up doing even more research because for some reason the Electronics Assembling Machines weren't showing up to craft. The mod that caused this issue as well as the greenhouse issue was ZGroupChange. For some reason it has a config that disabled certain things based on my installed mods. So, the issue was entirely because of my choice to use ZGroupChange.

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

So... Now that 0.15 is out, I suppose it's worth asking if there's an update strategy for the mod suite. I imagine it'll take quite a while to get everything working and translated properly to the new system. A major undertaking, to be sure.

But it does seem likely that certain modules would be easier to update than others. Bob's Inserters for example, would be FANTASTIC as a starter addition to vanilla 0.15. The inserters really ought to be IN vanilla, to be honest. But yes, I'm very curious if there's a plan, now that the release has happened. Personally, I'm hesitant to even touch 0.15 because I'm so accustomed to these mods I find it would be very frustrating to go back to vanilla.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

year if you played angel/bobs like I did vanilla is really not much. Like that are all items there are? the mods I missed most is nanobots and long reach.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Recon777 wrote:So... Now that 0.15 is out, I suppose it's worth asking if there's an update strategy for the mod suite. I imagine it'll take quite a while to get everything working and translated properly to the new system. A major undertaking, to be sure.

But it does seem likely that certain modules would be easier to update than others. Bob's Inserters for example, would be FANTASTIC as a starter addition to vanilla 0.15. The inserters really ought to be IN vanilla, to be honest. But yes, I'm very curious if there's a plan, now that the release has happened. Personally, I'm hesitant to even touch 0.15 because I'm so accustomed to these mods I find it would be very frustrating to go back to vanilla.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=44498

Apparently, the Clock and Inserters mods only need a simple edit to their version in info.json to work with 0.15.
As the plan says though, I'll be starting with those two script mods, then moving on to the Library and Ores mods(Library needs to be done first, and has a large part of the ores built into it, so doing them side by side makes sense), before slowly moving into the stuff that requires more complex changes.
Everything that requires research will need a fair bit of planning to decide what science packs they require. I also plan to restructure the packs that I add myself so my Tech mod might be a good choice for mod #5. Alternatively the Enemies mod could be a good choice for Mod #5, as the Tech mod can make use of the Alien artifacts, and I'll be wanting to work on that as an option.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”