Cannot Access WIKI

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

Bambino
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cannot Access WIKI

Post by Bambino »

I've been playing Factorio for over 2 years. During this duration I have not once been able to access the wiki with my current ISP. Talking to my ISP they swear that they do not block any sites. I can use a VPN or another ISP without issues. Could it be that particular ISP blocks are being blocked? or is my ISP lying to me?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Cannot Access WIKI

Post by Bilka »

From the side of the wiki software, we are not blocking viewing of normal wiki pages for anyone.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Bambino
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bambino »

What about the wiki server? Is there another person or group that deals with that? I am a web dev myself, so I understand how the pipeline works. I have looked into any networking issue on my end. My concern is the wikis server or ISP maybe be blocking IP blocks or my ISP may be blocking particular websites.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

Bambino wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:08 pm
What about the wiki server? Is there another person or group that deals with that? I am a web dev myself, so I understand how the pipeline works. I have looked into any networking issue on my end. My concern is the wikis server or ISP maybe be blocking IP blocks or my ISP may be blocking particular websites.
The wiki server is running on Linode, in the same datacenter as the forum server, and neither of them are behind Cloudflare right now. We're not blocking any IP ranges or anything like that either. What happens when you ping the server? Does it resolve into 139.162.175.161?
ovo

Bambino
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bambino »

Yes, it does resolve to the given IP and I am getting timeouts when I ping this IP.
temp.PNG
temp.PNG (30.23 KiB) Viewed 2117 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Could you please show us the traceroute also ? The command would be :

Code: Select all

tracert wiki.factorio.com
Expected output, something like this :
tracert
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Bambino
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bambino »

Sure, I actually already did a few.
temp.PNG
temp.PNG (60.46 KiB) Viewed 2113 times

Return to “Wiki Talk”