Wiki

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Wiki

Post by kovarex »

So I changed the wiki rules.
Only registered users can contribute now, lets see if it stops those pesky spam bots, we can do some other steps.

Automated generation
These pages are generated by the game engine from the data, it would be waste of time to edit these manually now.
  • Research pages - these are currently generated by the game engine (I just made some upgrade researches manually)
  • Research tree - the clickable research tree map was generated automatically from the graph as well.
  • Item pages - Every item should have its own page, and I will make automated generator for that as well, I just have to find the best form for the item page.
    It should contain Name/Description/Recipe, total raw, used for.
    I'm just not sure how to show the recipe on the wiki now, if you had some idea let me know.
    All I need is one good item page, and I will automate the other.

zlosynus
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Wiki

Post by zlosynus »

Hi everyone!

I am trying to figure out how to do item pages for wiki. I made manually a page for the iron axe: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/index.php/Iron_axe. Do you have some suggestions or improvements? We plan to replace 2s by an icon used in the game, and also to replace the counts of resources by small white numbers on the icons (as in the game). We will later implement automatic generation of these pages.

Machtl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Machtl »

What does the crafting time refer to? To manual assembling, tier 1 assembling machine or tier 2 assembling machine?

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

Machtl wrote:What does the crafting time refer to? To manual assembling, tier 1 assembling machine or tier 2 assembling machine?
Tool tips say 2s with Tier 1 machine and by hand.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Candunc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Candunc »

Noticed that the wiki had lots of missing information, so I created a few pages with information, and uploaded some files.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thank you, this helps a lot.

Angelic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Angelic »

The wiki has been a sore spot for me, I REALLY wanted to contribute to it a lot, as I enjoy gathering knowledge, systemizing it and making it friendly for the newcomers, but as I have exams coming up I just don't have the time :cry:

Well, carry my torch for now, please ;)

Return to “Wiki Talk”