CTRL-Right Click to directly insert half of the stack

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

horensor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

CTRL-Right Click to directly insert half of the stack

Post by horensor »

I'm writing Japanese version of Quick Start Guide, I saw this in "Feeding with fuel",
You can also CTRL-Right Click to directly insert half of the stack
I thought this is about to put a half of stack without opening window. 'You' must click A coal stack to pick up before this.
Or this is written about in entitity window, "Shift" key should be down at right-click over a stack, "CTRL" should not(will send a half of all coals in inventory).

It's already written about picking a half of stack in entity window, probably this is about how to put without opening window, otherwise there are not process to pick a coal, and coals are held over at clicking. Are these well known? (We know coals are able to pick up and put CTRL+Lclick to put all of taking item,but tutorials are written to open window before picking and putting fuels.)

Although daringly these are also able to be written simply , aren't they?

That's ok if it's only my lack. Will you tell me what to write about within window or without?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CTRL-Right Click to directly insert half of the stack

Post by daniel34 »

You can insert half the amount of whatever item you are holding using CTRL + right click. The entity window has to be closed and the entity should be able to insert the item given, e.g. you can't insert coal into an assembler unless the recipe calls for it.
CTRL + left click will insert the whole stack you are holding using the same rules.
Within the window you can use Shift + right/left click to transfer (half) stacks the same way.

You can look up these controls in Options --> Controls --> Inventory. The one without the window is called Fast entity transfer/split, the other one Stack transfer/split.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

horensor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: CTRL-Right Click to directly insert half of the stack

Post by horensor »

Hello daniel34, I talked about editing wiki contents.
I know you talk that we can put items by ctrl+click directly to entitiy(half by right click).
I need which the sentence of wiki( https://wiki.factorio.com/Quick_Start_G ... _with_fuel ) means about within? or without? entity window.
For beginners - need this wiki guides - may not find even how to hold items such as coal, we should tell it to them like you told to me. On this step, we should tell to them that Ctrl+Click(both of LR) after holding coal (and push "E" key to close inventory if they want).
Otherwise if this sentence says about click within entitiy window, you said too, Shift+click is more useful than Ctrl+click.

I would like to suggest to close window and to hover coal over the entitiy before do ctrl+click.(L=full:R=half is an addidional information)

Return to “Wiki Talk”