Mod pages.

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

Joefesok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mod pages.

Post by Joefesok »

There's a bunch of pages on the candidates for deletion page (https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... r_deletion) for "Bob's Mods." I was just going to remove them because this is a wiki about the core game, but I wanted to hear thoughts first.

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Mod pages.

Post by Krayt »

I think most mods will not have an own wiki. So maybe there could be a category for mods with a list of starting pages for each mod on the wiki. And these starting pages could explain the mod and link to subpages if required.

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

i was also already hovering the delete button, but then decided to wait. We just Need to decide for a proper structure and naming convention to deal with mod pages. Yes, the wiki focuses on vanilla Factorio, but anyway we should at least provide some help for mod devs, as the community is a great part the games Overall success.

So i would Keep them for now till we have a proper structured mod part, where we could then move/copy the remaining articles to.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I don't see the need for their to be mod pages on the wiki, mods can be found through the forum or the modding portal (coming soon)
I think a mod page on the wiki is useless

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

So as soon as the mod portal is available we will remove "mod related" pages like these "bobs" pages. is there any information of how soon "soon" means?

Joefesok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Joefesok »

In theory "soon" is just as soon as it takes to add a portal to the main page and have the owner of "bob's" make their own wiki.

Return to “Wiki Talk”