game optimization

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
pesilkeris6
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

game optimization

Post by pesilkeris6 »

this post is just a question, is the game ever gonna get optimized to a better degree?? i run a gtx 1650 with a ryzen 5 2600 and i feel like i should be getting more fps when im running at low and windowed, applinked is there something wrong with my pc? or is the game just not optimized?
Last edited by pesilkeris6 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: game optimization

Post by Koub »

Factorio is probably one of the most -if not the most- optimized game you'll run in your whole life. It runs decently even on a toasted potato.
But maybe you have a specific issue (if you're using mods, some of them can be hard on the resources), or your hardware has a chokepoint somewhere else (entry level RAM). Also can be that you have built BIG, and need to optimize your factory (some practices are more resource consuming than others).

Or finally, you've exploited the game at its full potential, and pushed your hardware to its limits. Then, good job :).

If you added your savefile, eventually your mods, a logfile, and a screenshot with debugging info on the timings, we could sort that out.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Tertius
Inserter
Inserter

Re: game optimization

Post by Tertius »

You might have seen Factorio isn't rendering above 60 fps. This is by design, because this is the clock everything in Factorio is based upon: 1/60 s is a game "tick". The game state is computed with 60 ticks a second, so there would be nothing additional to show with a higher render frequency.

Return to “General discussion”