Spidertron water crossing

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Redpossum
Inserter
Inserter

Spidertron water crossing

Post by Redpossum »

Spidertron making stepping stones
https://youtu.be/x6odXRvM-d8

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Spidertron water crossing

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

1. spidertron can stand on 1x1 tiles of landfill.
  2. spidertron can reach 13 tiles away: creating a landfill blueprint with an absolute grid would make this very convenient.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Redpossum
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redpossum »

Thank you very much for that useful information, NotRexButCaesar. It is sincerely appreciated.
Another useful thing I learned about the Spidertron just now is that it will shoot by itself when I'm not in it. I was inspecting one of my border posts, and I had parked my Spidertron just inside the wall, then ventured out on foot to inspect the minefields at the chokepoint. A group of Biters approached, and my Spidertron opened up on them with a veritable salvo of rockets. I now understand a post I vaguely remember reading about some guy being killed by rockets from his own Spidertron.

But it's useful to know they can be used as a mobile turret, given that we don't actually have a rocket turret. And the fact that the Spidertron has its own grid means it can be much tougher defensively than any gun/laser turret.

The only reason why the first two rocket launchers are empty is because Spidey just shot them all. They were loaded with the red explosive rockets.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Redpossum wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:23 pm

Another useful thing I learned about the Spidertron just now is that it will shoot by itself when I'm not in it.

[...]

But it's useful to know they can be used as a mobile turret, given that we don't actually have a rocket turret. And the fact that the Spidertron has its own grid means it can be much tougher defensively than any gun/laser turret.
You might be interested in this:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=97061
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “General discussion”