Tight Spot experiences

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Tight Spot experiences

Post by slpwnd »

For me the Tight Spot scenario is currently probably the most favorite part of the Factorio. I would be quite interested in what you guys think about it. And also if you could post your scores from different levels.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Tight Spot experiences

Post by MF- »

slpwnd wrote:For me the Tight Spot scenario is currently probably the most favorite part of the Factorio. I would be quite interested in what you guys think about it. And also if you could post your scores from different levels.
Is it OK to post the scores if I used the version that "came" with the linux builds?

My builds aimed at lowest initial cost instead of highest score

It worked like a nice demo of the pack ( transport belt madness has only 2-3 levels, tight spot suffers from a bug in the middle, supply is impossible with my gameplay style)
You definitely got me. Knowing what is actually inside made a huge difference.
But for the sake of sparing my time I'll not upgrade my account until July.

EDIT:
@experience itself:
Yes, I liked that one the most as well.
It would be extremely helpful to be able to see the land cost all at once / in advance somehow. My minimalistic approach is based a lot on land cost.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

Well, the only one where I managed to make significantly more money than required for the easiest setting is level 3 with a final balance of 4641.

As I already mentioned elsewhere, my favorite scenario pack challenge is transport belt madness. Tight spot is great, though, I just don't tend to muck around with a level after I've solved it. Some way to sell items to see your actual starting balance and clean your inventory would be nice (maybe a button to sell all items?), as well as starting the simulation at a slower speed.

Also, while trying to figure out my scores, I noticed that I can't load my 0.4.* tight spot saves:

Code: Select all

Error 2 while running the event handler […]/tightspot.lua:161: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'simulationstartedat' (a nil value)
Also, the steel axe in your starting inventory is kind of pointless in god mode.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Yeah.. +1 for "clear inventory"
I named my saves based on the initial cost (Involves quite a lot of steps: save to tmp, run, pause, note the number, load tmp, save properly)

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

I just managed 3749 on the first level. I don't think I can stuff enough mining drills into the iron ore field to support more than two iron gear wheel factories, and I don't think I can optimize my layout much more.

Return to “General discussion”