The thing that bothers me since game start

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: The thing that bothers me since game start

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

CaptainSlide wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:42 am
which would cause the scroll to push it of the line. Note all of these lines have guides to keep the bottles in place.
I at first read this "not all of these lines have guides to keep the bottles in place" and was about to go look for videos of hundreds of glass bottles shattering as they fell off a conveyor in some factory that was missing guides.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

CaptainSlide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CaptainSlide »

I'm sure it happened. The guides are usually adjustable so they can come loose.

If the timing between, scrolls, star wheels and machine heads like cappers isn't "just right" it can be quite messy. We made some new star wheels for a line filling plastic bottles with vinegar. At first we had too many pockets, so rather than the next full bottle waiting for the next pocket it was just squeezing in and would get jammed between the wheel and the guide plate. 2 liters ejects quite quickly when it has to. Fortunately it was tested with water not vinegar.

I am sure millions of glass bottles have given their lives to unexpected machine failures in the bottling industry.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

MEOWMI wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:13 pm
Here's a worse one: The belts move without any source of power.

It's just done that way to make the game more fun.
Should had just just built power production machines out of belts. Unlimited energy.

Eketek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Eketek »

Trific wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:33 am
Eketek wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 am
What bothers me is the absurd difficulty of setting up nuclear reactors. It ought to be as easy as cake - Drop load of high-enriched uranium into a chest with a tank of water next to it, then walk away and think no more about it. Just like it would work in real life.
But... that's not the way it works in real life. Be thankful most of the real world complexity has been shifted into comparatively much less game complexity. The whole heat pipe complexity may be a pain to set up, but once it is, you can just insert a fuel cell anytime you want power, and not have to worry that slamming a reactor from full stop to full power will blow it up.
When I look about, I see miles upon miles of biters upon biters and not a single DoE or IAEA snoop among them to tell me I can't have a chest full of fissile materials on my property.

meems
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by meems »

>I am sorry this bothers you.
Really? You feel bad, guilt, and are ashamed of yourself? You will think about the harm your actions have caused, and will endeavour not to cause such harm by such action again?

> It's not going to be be changed.
Oh, Not sorry then. :roll:

blazespinnaker
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by blazespinnaker »

Heh
OptimaUPS Mod, pm for info.

meems
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by meems »

Trific wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:33 am
Eketek wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:41 am
What bothers me is the absurd difficulty of setting up nuclear reactors. It ought to be as easy as cake - Drop load of high-enriched uranium into a chest with a tank of water next to it, then walk away and think no more about it. Just like it would work in real life.
But... that's not the way it works in real life. Be thankful most of the real world complexity has been shifted into comparatively much less game complexity. The whole heat pipe complexity may be a pain to set up, but once it is, you can just insert a fuel cell anytime you want power, and not have to worry that slamming a reactor from full stop to full power will blow it up.
The point is threefold :
1. Nuclear power stations in reality aren't any more complex than Coal fired Power Stations, in fact in the key ways they are simpler : Nuclear fuel rods are easier to manage than Coal. So why is the nuke plant so much harder to setup in factorio?
2. As a time investment they aren't worth; no one builds nuke plants other than for the sake of building nuke plants. If you just want power, its easier to build steam power or solar power, they are a redundant part of the game. Nuclear weapons don't help either, because long range artillery makes nukes redundant.
3. Powering stuff isn't the fun part of the game anyway. Logistics is.

uliks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by uliks »

Eketek wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:28 am

When I look about, I see miles upon miles of biters upon biters and not a single DoE or IAEA snoop among them to tell me I can't have a chest full of fissile materials on my property.
And yes off course i forget the storage in chests in this game is pure wizard magic. Thats even more horrible then then this magicly powerd belts.

Mastermindx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mastermindx »

I always wonder how someone can be bugged by such an insignificant detail like the belt that keeps move under items or the fact that our character can craft while running, but on the other hand can go
So, I'm gonna pick this locomotive, those 2 wagons and this tank and I'm gonna put them in my backpack
and be totally fine with it!

Return to “General discussion”