Alt-F4 #14 - Exploring the Infinite

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
AlternativeFFFF
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Alt-F4 #14 - Exploring the Infinite

Post by AlternativeFFFF »

This week ironic toblerone takes us on a crazy adventure into space featuring the fantastic Space Exploration mod by Earendel. Suit up and strap in, this is a fun one!

Continue reading: https://alt-f4.blog/ALTF4-14/

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Alt-F4 #14 - Exploring the Infinite

Post by Amarula »

Sigh. I missed this post yesterday, it had already slipped down past the first page of active topics. I tried searching for Alt-F4 this morning; 2855 results for the word "Alt" - the F4 was ignored :roll: I went to my search page (DuckDuckGo not Google), and it didn't make it to the top of the page there either. It did get me to #13, which brought me the General Discussion board, where this current post showed up - but this was by luck, not by design, and Luck is Not a Robust Control. I tried searching for FFFF but the only search results there were for hex codes. Any suggestions for a better/quicker/easier way to follow Alt-F4 here on the forums would be much appreciated!

Anyway, thank you for another fascinating issue, I haven't played Space Exploration but this really made me want to give it a try.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Amarula wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:22 pm
Any suggestions for a better/quicker/easier way to follow Alt-F4 here on the forums would be much appreciated!
Best thing I can think of is go to alt-f4.blog and clicking the forum link at the bottom of the post.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

MrBadDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrBadDragon »

try adding factorio to your search.... you have to narrow the field first.

It's not rocket science.... well technically space exploration does count I guess

ribsngibs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ribsngibs »

Amarula wrote:
Any suggestions for a better/quicker/easier way to follow Alt-F4 here on the forums would be much appreciated!
The latest Alt-F4 (just like with the old FFFs) has a pinned/stickied post in the factorio subreddit, which is how I get to it.

ribsngibs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ribsngibs »

Pretty serendipitous timing - I was just finishing up a vanilla run and had just started a Space Exploration run maybe 3 days before this Alt-F4 dropped. I was getting a bit bogged down in the early phase (sort of out of burner phase except for furnaces) and both the burner phase and the more complicated recipes had me a little bit, not overwhelmed, but... had my interest lagging. But this Alt-F4 has me completely hyped again.

Really fun writeup - it looks and reads great.

Adrenalex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adrenalex »

Amarula wrote:
Sigh. I missed this post yesterday, it had already slipped down past the first page of active topics. I tried searching for Alt-F4 this morning; 2855 results for the word "Alt" - the F4 was ignored :roll: I went to my search page (DuckDuckGo not Google), and it didn't make it to the top of the page there either. It did get me to #13, which brought me the General Discussion board, where this current post showed up - but this was by luck, not by design, and Luck is Not a Robust Control. I tried searching for FFFF but the only search results there were for hex codes. Any suggestions for a better/quicker/easier way to follow Alt-F4 here on the forums would be much appreciated!

Anyway, thank you for another fascinating issue, I haven't played Space Exploration but this really made me want to give it a try.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the top-level domain not being .com when it comes to optimization on search engines.

Return to “General discussion”