Deathworld goal?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

Deathworld goal?

Post by Gamatron332 »

I know there is some sort of general consensus of what to do in a deathworld but apparently I don’t get it.
What should I run to first ind a deathworld? How should I expand? Last time we went too slow and when we needed to expand we were swamped by blue biters. Any help is ... helpful. Thanks

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Deathworld goal?

Post by DaveMcW »

Flamethrower turrets are the win condition in deathworld.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Time is a big factor in deathworlds. Clearing nests increases evolution on top.
You are pretty "safe-ish"* until medium biters (at 20% evolution) and small spitters (at 25%) arrive.
(*if you have grenades and/or heavy armor.)

Generally, oil and its products are high prio:
Flamethrowers with walls in front.
Green modules mk1 are insanely good for reducing pollution.
Bots for repairing.
Landmines replenished by bots (not together with flamethrower ;))

sushi_eater
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sushi_eater »

Defender capsules are extremely powerful. With just red/blue/military science, you can get 15 follower count and 13 damage. That's good enough to take out large bases with big (blue) biters. On death world, I would make military science and damage upgrades the top priority (before blue science).

Gun turrets are very viable throughout the game, if you have the damage upgrades. Landmines work extremely well (they are also great offensively for taking out enemy bases), until behemoths show up.

Pollution makes a major difference in terms of evolution and the amount of attacks. If you want more peace, pick a map with a lot of forest and use efficiency modules.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Land mines work great offensivly against behemoths too. And even more powerful modded enemies like armoured biters. And land mines work great with flamethrowers too, if the mines are stored far enough away that the flames die before the mines are replaced. But I don't combo ft turret with mines anyway, because mines alone are enough.

Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gamatron332 »

Thanks for all the replies! I’ve used defender capsules before mainly as a *ahem* defensive unit rather than offensive. I usually sit at the edge of the base and rocket the worms and spawners to death while the defenders keep me alive.

Last time I had 1 yes 1 persecond steel. For my entire base. This was mainly for flame weaponry and couldn’t be used for anything else at a time. I did the math and I need about 4~ steel per second for 2.1~ defenders per second. Need more iron lol. Imma try land mines need to get to oil

Return to “General discussion”