I seem to have an issue with sound. Please help

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
cukeremu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I seem to have an issue with sound. Please help

Post by cukeremu »

Ok so factorio is now officially out, I'm glad for that. But the developer decided to go back 0.17.x latest version of sounds( it's even specified). Well, here's the thing, I tested both latest 0.17 and latest 0.18 and I noticed that the sound in 0.18 was actually much better for me in a way that it eliminated some popping that was being produced by certain things in 0.17

Those things being furnaces, for the most part, early game stone furnaces to be exacty. Once you click on them, there's sometimes this popping sound in my left ear (i'm using headphones)

So this is weird, cuz for me personally the dev went back to the sound that was arguably worse(for me). And I know I can use 0.18.x still but ofc, I would like to have the release version without changing anything

If anyone has encountered this weird "popping" sound before please tell me how I can eliminate it, thanks

p.s. no, it doesn't happen in other games, the sound is also kinda hard to describe, but almost as if something just pops in your ear. It can even happen when you open your inventory, but for the most part when you OPEN stone furnaces (I can do all kinds of things like quick-fuel and quick-collect WITHOUT triggering the sound) - but the sound popping is heard when I actually CLICK on the stone furnace itself. I'ts just so weird. It's there in 0.17(which is now used in 1.0 final release) but wasn't there in 0.18
Last edited by cukeremu on Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I seem to have an issue with sound. Please help

Post by Koub »

All the machines make the same sound when they are opened.
If you check these files, I dare you to tell me which is from the 0.17, 0.18, and 1.0

Overall, the feedback on sounds has been positive with the last evolution (including the rollback for some sounds to the 0.17 version). If you're displeased with them, it's sad for you, I sympathise with you, but the devs won't displease the majority just to please you.
Attachments
machine-open.7z
(14.92 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
machine-open.7z
(14.92 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
machine-open.7z
(14.92 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Some sounds (mbe even all) could be changed via modding.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Yeah I forgot to remind that. It's easy to change the klonk sound you get when opening a machine by the cantina music from star wars if you with.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Here, have 100ms of silence. Just replace the offending sound file, or make a mod for it.
Attachments
empty.ogg.zip
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

Is it a bluetooth head set, and is it silent before opening? Because the sound itself for the game is just a deadbolt, or a knob-lock popping out.... but it wouldn't be "sometimes", and it wouldn't be in only one ear.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

So many things have influence on what you hear.

Sound in games behaves similar to light in film: there are some rules, but the rest depends on the medium you use to watch the film/what headphones you use to hear the sound. Or many more things.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”