I made myself a new challenge for 1.0, it ended up being my most fun build yet!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

I made myself a new challenge for 1.0, it ended up being my most fun build yet!

Post by tk0421 »

I love the polluted water effect, but it also made me sad for escaping the planets and leaving it behind so dirty...
So I made my goal to launch a rocket with my starting water source still blue! I (mostly) succeeded. :D

How did I accomplish this you ask? TREES. No, really LOTS AND LOTS of TREES. after 10 hours I probably only saw my character model for 4 or 5 of them.

every square on the map: a TREE! maximum trees!
It was the most tedious game of Factorio I ever had, but that and the rush to both get to, and have the resources for bots made it incredibly fun.

I also put my power station right next to the water, for maximum difficulty
In the end, I failed, half my water had turned, but it was only in the last 15 minutes after turning on the rocket parts portion of the factory.
I also feel like I cheated a little bit, I just blueprinted my factory from my initial 1.0 playthrough, but I may have gone insane trying to do a new build in that maze of trees.

based on the number of chest dumps for trees, and how many I used for fuel, I would guess I chopped by hand about 7-8,000 trees...

A little album of the factory.
https://imgur.com/a/d4G52jU

also: yes, biters and aggression were on, but even if they had seen me I doubt they could have gotten TO me from all the trees blocking movement.
anyone else thought up new challenges for themselves in 1.0?

Return to “General discussion”