this game is sick

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

this game is sick

Post by factoriobiker »

i am obsessed, i think this is the first really matemathically accurate game, it is so precise....
i cant finish playing it

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: this game is sick

Post by starlinvf »

You can be sloppy and still get launch a rocket. You just get smarter about it as you build more. But don't worry too much...... unless you start going down the spreadsheet rabbit hole, you'll be ok.

factoriobiker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriobiker »

did somebody finish the game? How long do you need? 1 year?

goron
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by goron »

factoriobiker wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:13 pm
This depends on what you mean be "finish".
  • launching multiple rockets on all maps (all possible seed, in all differed settings and with all the possible mod combination)? not jet :D

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

factoriobiker wrote:
People have speed run the game in less than an hour. But they're pros and working together and it took them who-knows-how-many tries to get it right.

Most anyone can launch the rocket in a couple dozen hours without trying too hard. I think I could do it in under 10 if I put my mind to it, I just don't have the gumption.

It took me several restarts and a couple hundred total hours of game time before I launched my first rocket, though.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

goron wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:51 pm
  • launching multiple rockets on all maps (all possible seed, in all differed settings and with all the possible mod combination)? not jet :D
The true 100% achievement that no one shall ever get.

Another one impossible to complete: 100% explored map.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

factoriobiker wrote:
If you mean launching rocket it took 40-50 h, if I remember correctly. I think it is somewhat more expensive now, but if you have few hours freetime per day, it should not take several weeks. But the game is not over then. In my opinion automated rocket production ends beginning phase and start midgame. Then you decide production objective, calculate needed factories, decide focusing between trains, belts and bots and begin to build large well thought production systems to achieve your objective. It takes 200-500 hours depending on skills, ambition of plans ans mods. Game ends when expansion begins to feels boring copying of similar structures.

Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Drakken »

And then... you can play deathworld marathon on an all sand map, with minimal water, and minimal trees and fight for survival for hours and hours just trying to get a basic base to survive long enough to get oil processing going...

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Yoyobuae wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:42 am
Another one impossible to complete: 100% explored map.
oh don't say that. i think i read on the wiki, that the vanilla game world can only be 2000x2000 chunks max. sounds doable ;-)

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

Impatient wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:19 pm
oh don't say that. i think i read on the wiki, that the vanilla game world can only be 2000x2000 chunks max. sounds doable ;-)
In theory, maybe. In practice some kind of limit will be reached well before that.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

The actual number is 2000000x2000000 tiles. At 1 byte per tile, it takes 4000 GB of memory to run it.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

How fast you can finish a basic goal (like launch a rocket), depends on how much you understand the game's mechanics, and how organized you are, and good you are with factory design. I do 3 or 4 playthroughs a years (explicitly to give me time to forget some stuff), and I typically take 50 hours. But also really sloppy at macro layouts, and spend half my time trying to refine factory designs with efficiency demands.

But after a couple playthroughs, my biter paranoia leads to me playing Green Mode all the time..... so I'm way slower then most people would at my given knowledge level.

The game itself is not hard. Aside from biter evolution, you're running the game at your own pace. It took me 2 playthroughs before I got trains working correctly. 3 Before I read about the Spd/Prod combo. And thats not counting the half dozen restarts because I thought I was messing up too badly...... turns out I really wasn't.

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

starlinvf wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:11 pm
unless you start going down the spreadsheet rabbit hole, you'll be ok.
Thats my happy place! :lol:

spend hours designing a 'perfect' factory, but in the end it still bottlenecks and parts stall because you dont actually use each of those sciences all the time...

Return to “General discussion”