Upcoming releases

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Upcoming releases

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I was wondering today how future releases will be managed. The "resolved for the next release" bugfixes section is already reasonable filled and I would expect a new release soon (if the pre 1.0 pace continues). All infos I could find was in factorio.com/blog/post/fff-360
kovarex wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:02 am
The plan for 1.1
We were doing the best we could, to fix all the relevant bugs and issues for the 1.0 release, but we just couldn't do everything. So we had to prioritise just the more critical stuff. We would still like to address all of the remaining issues as there are currently around 150 bugs on the forums and around 80 internal tasks to be solved. The plan is to eventually go through all of them, and decide on how to resolve each one.
A good example is, that we have a "continue" button, but it just ignores multiplayer. You press continue automatically just to find out, that you are building alone for half an hour. It is my (kovarex) personal story actually.
This means, that 1.1 is going to just focus on filling the most obvious gaps in our existing feature set, not on adding some new major content.
My questions are:
  • Will the next release be a 1.0.1 or 1.1.0 ?
  • Will the next release be immediately marked stable (like 1.0) or experimental (like 0.18)?
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Krazykrl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Upcoming releases

Post by Krazykrl »

I would imagine the next versions would be 1.0.1 then 1.0.2... (Major.Minor.Revision software versioning.) Factorio has been 0.18.47 for a while, and once Factorio got to a state where the devs were satisfied; Factorio went into a feature freeze to prevent more bugs from sneaking in before the major stable release.

And I would imagine that newer minor versions (like 1.1.x) would also go through the same experimental phase before being merged into stable. It just makes sense to have the community QA minor changes after it passes through Wube's internal QA. The vast community can find lots of esoteric issues that internal QA cannot simulate.

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Upcoming releases

Post by ske »

I suppose that 1.0.x are bugfix releases for the "stable" branch of factorio that don't break any mods. Maybe dev will be called 1.1.x and the next stable would be 1.2.0.

Return to “General discussion”