Factorio is my new Minecraft

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Factorio is my new Minecraft

Post by metzyn »

I purchased the game around version 2.x and now playing on 4.x... 30+ hours so far and counting! This game has replaced Minecraft as my new addiction. It's a shame this game has not sold more copies than just 2,500. I would have thought tens of thousands would be sold by now. Notch needs to tweet this game!

If any of the developers read this post... amazing work and please keep it going! Expand on the modding capability as much as possible so when the game is finished the torch can be passed to the community. This will allow the game to live on beyond a game's normal lifespan. And I hope it lasts a very long time!
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio is my new Minecraft

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for your support!
metzyn wrote:This game has replaced Minecraft as my new addiction.
This is amazing to hear.
metzyn wrote:It's a shame this game has not sold more copies than just 2,500.
I believe that once the graphical side of the game is more complete then this will change. In the meantime we are investing all of our energy into the development. The funds we raised during the Indiegogo campaign and the preorder allow us not to worry too much about marketing the game right now.
metzyn wrote:Expand on the modding capability as much as possible so when the game is finished the torch can be passed to the community.
The game has been designed with modding support from the beginning and we keep improving the modding and scripting capabilities with every release. Still a long way to go though:)

metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by metzyn »

Sweet! A developer read my post! You guys are the shit... I can't tell you enough how much enjoy this game. AAA titles might look amazing but game-play is 90% of my experience. You guys are awesome and I'm one of the most loyal fans you'll have. Plus, I used to write plugins for Minecraft servers so I'm excited to get started modding this game.
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

metzyn wrote:You guys are the shit...
Sounds weird. Is this a compliment or insult?

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Arakasi wrote:
metzyn wrote:You guys are the shit...
Sounds weird. Is this a compliment or insult?
+1. I also wondered.

metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by metzyn »

Normally, when adding "the" in front of "shit" it is a compliment. Without "the" then its an insult.

"You guys are the shit" versus "you guys are shit"... big difference only three letters make.
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

Well, the urban dictionary is definitely on your side :-)

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

metzyn wrote:Normally, when adding "the" in front of "shit" it is a compliment. Without "the" then its an insult.
"You guys are the shit" versus "you guys are shit"... big difference only three letters make.
+1 I somehow knew that it was meant positively, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for explanation.

metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by metzyn »

MF- wrote:
metzyn wrote:Normally, when adding "the" in front of "shit" it is a compliment. Without "the" then its an insult.
+1 I somehow knew that it was meant positively, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for explanation.
Of course! This game already is amazing and has incredible potential to become either a huge hit or a cult classic. I am a very dedicated fan. I might buy some copies for my friends.
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

Arakasi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Arakasi »

I am not familiar with this colloquial language, so this surprised me a lot. But full respect with those, who are not native speakers and know this.

metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by metzyn »

Arakasi wrote:

I am not familiar with this colloquial language, so this surprised me a lot. But full respect with those, who are not native speakers and know this.
I am extremely surprised so few have heard this phrasing before! Please let it be known that it was a high compliment. It basically means they are awesome.

Does anyone remember the time when "That's the bomb!" was a phrase? A bomb is obviously not a positive and if one was near you I expect to see you running away. But it meant awesome as well despite a bomb being negative.
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

metzyn wrote: Does anyone remember the time when "That's the bomb!" was a phrase? A bomb is obviously not a positive and if one was near you I expect to see you running away. But it meant awesome as well despite a bomb being negative.
Bomb never had the negative connotation (my impression only of course) in CZ when used as a noun in the 1st declination.
I haven't really checked for a while, but I think it's still used a lot.
When it actually means the "negative" bomb, other declinations (or adjective instead of the noun) are used.

metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by metzyn »

And the other uses is the difference between adding the article "the" in front of "shit". I think I'm beating a dead horse, but that's only because I'd hate to be seen as insulting the developers or some crazy dude that is the only one who uses "is the shit".
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

metzyn wrote:And the other uses is the difference between adding the article "the" in front of "shit". I think I'm beating a dead horse, but that's only because I'd hate to be seen as insulting the developers or some crazy dude that is the only one who uses "is the shit".
No worries, I think everyone got it by now:D English is tricky, but at least we learned something new. And thanks for the compliments.

Return to “General discussion”