To play or not?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: To play or not?

Post by GrumpyJoe »

je11693 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Thank you for your thoughts, really helpful given your experience in many of the games.

You have over 3000 hours in Factorio?!
That was a few months ago and I dont spend nearly as much time playing as i did the last 2 years.

There is a reason it´s called CRACKtorio :lol:
Attachments
3000.PNG
3000.PNG (31.66 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
Last edited by GrumpyJoe on Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:23 pm
je11693 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Thank you for your thoughts, really helpful given your experience in many of the games.

You have over 3000 hours in Factorio?!
That was a few months ago and I dont spend nearly as much time playing as i did the last 2 years

There is a reason it´s called CRACKtorio :lol:
That is impressive! (particularly in 2 years..)

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Iirc i registered here a year late.

If you find something else, or need Youtubers for other games, let me know (back to topic) ;)

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

a more recent experience with ANNO1800:
Since it was mentioned here, i thought i have a go, you know, too much time in lock down...

I start a new game, skip the talking. The game tells me to use a stick of dynamite on some fish, yet I have no dynamite.
I started another game, just to see if i was crazy, didn´t skip the first 30sec sequence, and here it is, my stick of dynamite.
You cant even get past the very first quest, if you skip the intro!
They had a year to fix bugs, yet all they did was releasing 3 or 4 (from what i can tell) decorative DLCs.
Oh, and while loading the 1st one again to double check, the game crashes.
Thumbs up!

I gave up on UBI-shit a long time ago, in fact it was the first DRM introduced with 2070 that drove me nuts, you lost a pretty substantial mechanic when trying to play offline.
The ANNO series was the only reason i gave them money the last 8 or so years, i even decided against FarCry which my best friend would love to play together.
1800 was for sure the last time.

No matter what genre you like, you´ll find something from independant studios that beats the shit out of any AAA publisher.
Factorio is definately one of them, high quality stuff.

je11693
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by je11693 »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:50 pm
a more recent experience with ANNO1800:
Since it was mentioned here, i thought i have a go, you know, too much time in lock down...

I start a new game, skip the talking. The game tells me to use a stick of dynamite on some fish, yet I have no dynamite.
I started another game, just to see if i was crazy, didn´t skip the first 30sec sequence, and here it is, my stick of dynamite.
You cant even get past the very first quest, if you skip the intro!
They had a year to fix bugs, yet all they did was releasing 3 or 4 (from what i can tell) decorative DLCs.
Oh, and while loading the 1st one again to double check, the game crashes.
Thumbs up!

I gave up on UBI-shit a long time ago, in fact it was the first DRM introduced with 2070 that drove me nuts, you lost a pretty substantial mechanic when trying to play offline.
The ANNO series was the only reason i gave them money the last 8 or so years, i even decided against FarCry which my best friend would love to play together.
1800 was for sure the last time.

No matter what genre you like, you´ll find something from independant studios that beats the shit out of any AAA publisher.
Factorio is definately one of them, high quality stuff.
Thank you.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

I appreciate all the post about anno too, been so bias if it was just the one game or not. Going to avoid it like the plague now, its pretty disappointing from such a big publisher.

Return to “General discussion”