First Factorio finish

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
sherlockholmes221b
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

First Factorio finish

Post by sherlockholmes221b »

How long did it take you to finish first Factorio game? I have to admit, I saw rocket start only once, I have 320 hours of experience and I have never finished Factorio on my own.

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: First Factorio finish

Post by Bauer »

I had to abandon my first base after 10 hrs...
I launched a rocket after 34 hrs with my second base.
My best speed run is 3:15 for 0.18 (using a blue print I designed).

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: First Factorio finish

Post by mmmPI »

It took me maybe 200 250 hours to feel like i understand train good enough so i can use them in a base with all the weird junction i wanted to see on the map, that was my 3rd or 4rth base.

then i got interested by robots , and took way much more time back then than it would now to make a factory producing 1 robot per second.

Which ended up requiring me to try and learn how to control the swarm using combinators to not ruin my game after it reached something like 20 K robots on a peaceful map.

i was pretty illetrate in terms of programming and it took me a lot of time outside the game to learn the stuff required for the design i wanted to make in the game, and i'm still learning today, after roughly 4000 hours of factorio :).

I think the rocket launch was implemented when i was spending time on doing the robot factory so when it came out it didn't felt like the end of the game but more like a new thing to try out.

Going on multiplayer server was a very strong experience, i could see a lot of things that inspire me and make me realize thing, and when people are nice you can also ask questions. It really gives a wider view of different playstyle some of which been more focused toward reaching precise objective :).

Return to “General discussion”