New hope, level 1

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New hope, level 1

Post by rk84 »

This game got bit harder after demo. Learning curve was bit steep in this level at first, but I managed to set my factory and researched everything. Now my problem is lack of fire power. Rockets have no area of effect. :( and I can't make steel so no better ammo.

I researhed everything. I should have steel, right? I wonder if I need to edit the save to add steel on load?
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

UnrealDiego
Inserter
Inserter

Re: New hope, level 1

Post by UnrealDiego »

If you researched steel processing, you should be able to melt iron plates in furnaces to make steel bars. ;)

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

UnrealDiego wrote:If you researched steel processing, you should be able to melt iron plates in furnaces to make steel bars. ;)
Thanks. I will have another go for creeper spawners. :D

Edit: I did better this time, but so did creepers. Man, I really need to improve steel production to beat this level. After 3h 40min playtime and 3500 dead creepers later. I guess I just need to be alot faster so creeps don't overwhelm me?
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

Xinvoker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xinvoker »

rk84 wrote:
UnrealDiego wrote:If you researched steel processing, you should be able to melt iron plates in furnaces to make steel bars. ;)
Thanks. I will have another go for creeper spawners. :D

Edit: I did better this time, but so did creepers. Man, I really need to improve steel production to beat this level. After 3h 40min playtime and 3500 dead creepers later. I guess I just need to be alot faster so creeps don't overwhelm me?
Yes, and I'd advise to go for a flamethrower instead of the tier 2 bullets. It's much better for these massive groups. Just don't use it in your base or you'll destroy buildings too.

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

I did it. Yay. Flamethrower rocks.

Now I'm overwhelmed in level 2 :D

btw What is creepers' motive to attack labs? They hate tech?
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

Wubbi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wubbi »

You can beat the level without steel. I just used rockets for the buildings and placed 5-8 turrets near me to get rid of attacking creeper waves. Then, when the buildings in reach are gone, place some new turrets in the direction of the next buildings, while still in reach of the existing turrets (which you can remove afterwards to place them later again). Slowly but steady you can move forward this way!

Poiasdope
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Poiasdope »

Wubbi wrote:You can beat the level without steel. I just used rockets for the buildings and placed 5-8 turrets near me to get rid of attacking creeper waves. Then, when the buildings in reach are gone, place some new turrets in the direction of the next buildings, while still in reach of the existing turrets (which you can remove afterwards to place them later again). Slowly but steady you can move forward this way!
NO VIDEO SPOILERS, WUBBI! >:(

Can't wait for the next videos of the series! :D A shame fraps is screwing the game making it run at 30fps...

Return to “General discussion”