About buying this game

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
1869_Flame
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

About buying this game

Post by 1869_Flame »

Hi there,
Googling for some tycoonlike games i ended up on your website, and i must say this looks like a very promising game.
I am planning on buying the alpha but i have a question before i want to do that:
Q) Assuming this game will also be submitted to steam sooner or later (it will right?) would i be able to add it to my library when i already have bought it now?

thank you in advance for the info.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: About buying this game

Post by Choumiko »

https://www.factorio.com/faq

Even if Steam doesn't give out keys, this game would be worth loosing half of my steam library :D

1869_Flame
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 1869_Flame »

Choumiko wrote:https://www.factorio.com/faq

Even if Steam doesn't give out keys, this game would be worth loosing half of my steam library :D
Thanks for the quick reply!
I guess it depends on how big your steam library is ;) i love steam as the central place to manage all my games, but looking at the plans i see its worth getting it in this early stage :D

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

I wouldnt mind not having it on my steam....(i dont want to be judged by 800+ hrs played time :? )

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Garm wrote:I wouldnt mind not having it on my steam....(i dont want to be judged by 800+ hrs played time :? )
:lol: Haven't thought about it that way, won't add it to steam then. There are already to many games where the displayed hours should be replaced with "Get a life" :? :mrgreen:

1869_Flame
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 1869_Flame »

Choumiko wrote:
Garm wrote:I wouldnt mind not having it on my steam....(i dont want to be judged by 800+ hrs played time :? )
:lol: Haven't thought about it that way, won't add it to steam then. There are already to many games where the displayed hours should be replaced with "Get a life" :? :mrgreen:
If your bothered by that you can just turn it off if i recall correct :P

one of the main reasons why i really hope to get it on steam later on is steams home streaming functionality. So i start the game on steam on my strong desktop and stream it to my old crappy laptop. Afterall, it way more relaxing to game on the couch :lol:

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

I'm pretty sure you can also use in-home streaming if it is a non-steam game. Also that way it wouldn't count your play time but you'd have it show up in your library, too! ;)
Only reason to get it on steam might be trading cards (for those who don't think they're nonsense, like me) and achievments.

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna give up the freedom of having the game without any launcher for trading cards, though :/

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

You can add non-steam games to your library list so there isn't really a problem there,.

Return to “General discussion”