How do I change the default autosave file name?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
walterwoj
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How do I change the default autosave file name?

Post by walterwoj »

I want to change the default auto-save file name. Currently it is _autosave[1-3]. This is great if you only have one save-game or can remember to save to a special file every time you exit (i don't). I want to change it to be [mapname]_autosave[1-3] This way I'll have separate auto-saves for every game. I'm tired of forgetting and overwriting my saves with a new map by accident. :(

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How do I change the default autosave file name?

Post by jodokus31 »

I'm not sure, if that is possible. (Maybe there's a setting in the config file somewhere...)
Manually saving the game to a specific name is the usual way to handle it. The game should also popup a reminder, that the game is unsaved.

You could have multiple standalone factorio installations via the zip version. This way, you have everything seperated: mods, config, autosaves, savegame etc. This is great, if you want to play totally different games.

walterwoj
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: How do I change the default autosave file name?

Post by walterwoj »

Thanks Jodokus30, I usually just play the dev version with a very limited set of mods, I try to keep it stock so multiple version would be overcomplicating the issue. I was hoping the devs had thought of this already.... :(

Return to “General discussion”