Bug or Feature: Logistic bots dont deliver some items

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
SesameStreet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bug or Feature: Logistic bots dont deliver some items

Post by SesameStreet »

Hi, I just build my biggest base ever with my biggest logistic network ever. Now I have a strange behavior. Logistic bots dont deliver some items I request. When I check it, the tool tip says the items are on the way, but they never arrive, even not after 30 minutes staying at the same position in the network.

I.e. this happens to medium power poles. I have more then 1000 in the network available, but they are not delivered to my inventory. Even when I stand next to the provider chest and in the next robo port are logistic bots available. Sometimes 3 or 4 are delivered, but not the 100 requested.

Completely different are i.e. ironplates. They are always delivered within 30 seconds.

The power poles are also not delivered to buffer chests.

When I build with bots, some medium power poles (not all ~10%) are also just not build, I can wait for 30min, nothing happens. The building area is in the network.

Very strange. Restart, restet request, etc. doesnt changed anything. I have more then 1k free bots (both types) in the neetwork.

Is this a bug or feature (some kind of priorisation)?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bug or Feature: Logistic bots dont deliver some items

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moving this in Gameplay Help for now.
Many things could explain this behaviour. A save would probably help to troubleshoot : I doubt there is a yet undiscovered bug or something.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SesameStreet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SesameStreet »

I removed all request for the power poles (personal and buffer chests) and waited a bit, switched the language of the game to english (to use the right terms here in the forum) and now it works again. Poles are delivered at once, like iron plates. Strange.

jape3
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jape3 »

Had this problem once, it was that at some locations there were too large gaps between roboports. So logistic bots were enroute with the goods, ran out of fuel, closest roboport was the one in the direction they came from, go back there to charge, rinse and repeat.

PanTobi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by PanTobi »

On my server we have this same problem,
i think Factorio have some "Optimization" that force bots and other items to wait instead consuming UPS

Our map on Server have 4 big logistic grids, Main Grid in Main City Nexus have 40.000 Logistic Bots and 30.000 Constructions bots
if all 30k bots work at something sometimes even inserters stop to move

idk what is causing inservers and bots not moving but i think thats becaues game have too much to do at once

You just have too many bots probably working at same time :o...
maybe try to split grids to 2/3 parts?...

//Edit:
"@Jape" how about this distance?...
my bots fly sometimes miles to their destination

i think "distance" have nothing to do with not moving bots...
they even cross this big lake instead flying all around :x
//Edit2:
Hey... Open DEBUG MODE ( F4 ) and find option like "show-logistic-robots-targets"
stay close to chest where robots dont deliver items and follow line, you will be able to find bots that deliver this item
and you will see what causing them to not deliver items :o...

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

jape3 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:42 pm
Had this problem once, it was that at some locations there were too large gaps between roboports. So logistic bots were enroute with the goods, ran out of fuel, closest roboport was the one in the direction they came from, go back there to charge, rinse and repeat.
Just gonna repeat this one here. It is not enough to have your entire network inside a green zone. Make sure there's a fully connected orange logistics zone between your bots and their destination. Otherwise they can get stuck in an infinite loop where they head out, run low on power and retreat all the way back to the beginning.

There is also a game engine limit where only 1 construction errand will be attempted per UPS. If your construction queue reads around 600 unfinished tasks, there is a good chance the construction system is overwhelmed and the efficiency of your construction bots will tank dramatically.

Return to “General discussion”