Energy work and a question

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Uyenvu123
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Energy work and a question

Post by Uyenvu123 »

Hi guys
I don't know if here is the best place for thanks being held though I thank very much the creators of this game for the intricate and very complex structure there is already regarding how electricity works in the game and the detailed graphs-statistics there is for the player's best understanding where the energy is being used and every thing else. Makes me even wonder for what is coming as this yet in alpha stage...

Also (as I didn't want to make another post, sorry) wanted to ask if someone can inform me where the game is heading towards game-world size, if the map there's already will be the maximum size of the concept of game or will be there intergalactic space for trades-battles-transportation, or small villages in the game perhaps creating small concepts of economics like offer-demanding of resources and having a currency. Trades between players like "rise of nations" or "age of empires". Many ideas this game brings me up with... The complexity yet being very clean and understandable as this game is, is Awesome! :)

Making a second smaller question, will be there races and multiplayer battles between players like starcraft? :)
Uyen.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Energy work and a question

Post by JimBarracus »

I highly doubt, that there will be any major changes.

Even though it is still in alpha its mostly about polishing the game.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Not familiar with Rise of Nations, but the other two examples you cite, TC, are RTS games.

This game is not a RTS. Combat is not intended to be a huge part of the gameplay. Instead, per the devs, the biters are meant to be ‘a resource demand’ to be met, in the same manner that science is a ‘resource demand’ and expanding/enlarging the factory is a ‘resource demand’.

There IS apparently the option for some PVP, I’ve yet to try cooperative multiplayer much less player vs player so I cannot comment on how good or bad it may be. I do not know how to set it up, or what the limitations are.

As far as map size, freeplay maps are 2 million tiles by 2 million tiles. In single player (not sure about multiplayer) you start at or near 0,0 on the Cartesian plane. Those X, Y coordinates have boundaries of something like -999999 to 999999. In other words, maps are huge.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

It takes about 4 hours of travel per train to reach the end of the world. For practical purposes the world is infinite

At one point there were plans for a space component, but it seems that was scrapped. There are mods where you can have factories on other planets and space platforms

PanTobi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by PanTobi »

Astro, 2.000.000 x 2.000.000 isn't big...

My Fav Minecraft Server (2B2T)
Random Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yig3MFAAOk
Go Watch epic History 2HD with FitMc xD !...

Castle Hatehart <333

You just need more player that active play on map and 2m x 2m starts to seems really small xD

Uyen, there is or was map for PVP, but its boring... RLY BORING
before you start any fight you have to play like every normal game and after 2/3 h you enter any vechicle and wipe your enemy with Atomic bombs...

#PerfectPVP

more funny and crazy is something we do on our server :D
we just build little city 500x500 using only walls and gates so you can hide etc.
only one weapon you were able to use was Grenade, one misstake and you are dead xD

pvp maybe fast, but still boring after 15 min... Factorio isn't for PVP... at least with this poor PVP System...
Maybe on day there will be at least good PVP in Factorio, i think it can be done with Vechicles

right now for fun and for fights we use Vechicle Grid MOD and Many vechicles MODs to fight if we are bored xD
and fighting Atomic Tank VS Flame Arrow or other crazy builds is pretty nice :D

also Vechicels Grid MOD and some Equipment Mods do great job so players can build thier vechicles
so you never know what your enemy will do :P

Maybe someone insert
+ 120% speed
10 Laser turrets
6 GJ Batteries

Maybe someone inserrt
+ 5000 Shield
and he hope Atomic Shells can do thier work xD

at least there is some strategy in "Factorio Battle Tanks" xD

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

PanTobi wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:38 pm
Its functionally pretty much infinite in this game. Not actually infinite, but for just about all intents and purposes (excluding only the deliberate attempt to reach the edge) its infinite.

People have gone to the edge of the map. And usually report that it takes several hours in vanilla (there are faster trains available via mods) to go from the center to the edge.

2,000,000x2,000,000 may not sound very large given your gaming history, but ... it is. In this game, it is.
Last edited by astroshak on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

What kind of movement options are available to Minecraft players that 2.000.000 x 2.000.000 isn't considered big ?!?
(Please don't tell me it's teleportation ?)
EDIT : Heh, Minecraft has a dragon now ? Nice ! Also, this server looks amazing !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

PanTobi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by PanTobi »

BlueTemplar

Nether Highway?
I'm ofc. talking about BEST minecraft server which is 2B2T

THERE IS NO BETTER SERVER THAN 2B2T xD

I'm not playing Minecraft anymore but even if i quit minecraft im still watching FitMC Videos
2B2T and its History, Players, World just everything... :o

and ofc. 2B2T have Nether Highway which you can use to reach World Border :P
Here You have Fit Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cJdwbsJZw

in this video You can see Fit going to end of the world :D

"EDIT : Heh, Minecraft has a dragon now ? Nice ! Also, this server looks amazing !"
did You watch 2B2T ? :D Yeee its looks amazing ^_^

Did You know that 2B2T has Slaves for short while :D
i think there is video about this on FitMC Channel :)...

I love History and History 2 in TV, and in my opinion Fit videos about 2b2t are very very similar :o

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

PanTobi wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:38 pm
Minecraft maps are theoretically larger. However, they are updated only immediate vicinity of players. Most of the large area stays static and is only saved on hard disk to wait until player enters nearby chunks. Factorio updates at least partially the whole area.
You just need more player that active play on map and 2m x 2m starts to seems really small xD
Very large base takes about 10 x 10 km area. There could be 40000 such bases in 2000 km x 2000 km area. That is far beyond any computer in the world can handle. Also any computer technically possible in foreseeable future (next few decades).

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

PanTobi wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:28 am
Nether Highway?
Ok, but that seems to be still only x8 speed - unless you can Inceptionether ? (Netherception ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “General discussion”