[0.16] Belt LANE Mixing Balancer Question?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

Just curious on what you understand of the Concept?

I have no idea what your talking about; I Do NOT Understand what you are talking about?
20%
I know what you mean; i just don't care.
27%
I already have a solution, i just don't use it.
27%
I'm using one already; and have a Blueprint/Image of it.
27%

Total votes: 15

b_d
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16] Belt LANE Mixing Balancer Question?

Post by b_d »

I don't want you to post any solutions; the fun is figuring it out yourself. But just to bring the Issue to your attention; since as Far as i've searched, there's no one addressing the issue; especially when unloading from the main BUS lane or Train.

Hint one : MIXING LANES;  NOT!Belts.
Last edited by b_d on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Belt Mixing LANE Balancer Question?

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to General discussions, and removed custom clickbait font.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Lane and belt balancing seems to creep up once per year, usually brought up by relatively new players.
Well designed factories consume in perfect ratios and don't need balancers slapped everywhere.

planetmaker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by planetmaker »

Optera wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:22 am
Well designed factories consume in perfect ratios and don't need balancers slapped everywhere.
It's a question of how you measure "well-designed". While it's possible to raise "input must match output exactly" to the all-defining scale for a good factory design, it isis by a long shot not the only valid scale ;)

That said, it is one of the fun challanges of factorio to make sure that your factory keeps running. And there are different approaches, some of them include usage of both, lane and belt balancers to different degrees. Designing them is fun :) Removing the need for them as well :D

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Optera wrote:
Lane and belt balancing seems to creep up once per year, usually brought up by relatively new players.
With the current "hype" around city blocks the trains inheritely do much of the balancing that would need to be done explicitly in a trainless factorio imho. Because trains act like a loader->wide-chest->loader balancer.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

eradicator wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:15 am
Optera wrote:
With the current "hype" around city blocks the trains inheritely do much of the balancing that would need to be done explicitly in a trainless factorio imho. Because trains act like a loader->wide-chest->loader balancer.
You just made me remember back in 0.12 when I built stationary cargo wagons and 2 rows of long handed inserters as balancer. Current balancer designs didn't work back when compression loss on belt corners was a thing. ;)

Italian Cuisine
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Italian Cuisine »

So if I'm using more than one, I have no option in the poll. Push vs pull balancing require separate designs, and there's multi-belt lane balancing, vs having to throw one on a single belt. I don't see a one size fits all solution.
It's not spaghetti!

b_d
Inserter
Inserter

it's LANE Balancer Question?

Post by b_d »

Italian Cuisine wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:53 am
So if I'm using more than one, I have no option in the poll. Push vs pull balancing require separate designs, and there's multi-belt lane balancing, vs having to throw one on a single belt. I don't see a one size fits all solution.
the 1st poll option is the one you select.
the wording of the title changed when the admin changed the text.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: it's LANE Balancer Question?

Post by Optera »

b_d wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:29 pm
Italian Cuisine wrote:
Wouldn't "I'm using one already; and have a Blueprint/Image of it." be the option to pick if you have at least one design in use?

b_d
Inserter
Inserter

Re: it's LANE Balancer Question?

Post by b_d »

Optera wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:19 am
b_d wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:29 pm
Italian Cuisine wrote:
Wouldn't "I'm using one already; and have a Blueprint/Image of it." be the option to pick if you have at least one design in use?
Yeah, but seems the individual didn't understand the concept of LANE and BELT difference.

b_d
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16] Belt LANE Mixing Balancer Question?

Post by b_d »

:arrow: :oops: :lol: :P :mrgreen: :idea:

Return to “General discussion”