Couple ideas for PvP style YouTube series

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Couple ideas for PvP style YouTube series

Post by drs9999 »

Just to summarize and see if i got it right:

Technically it is possible that player 1 has force.player and player 2 has force.enemy.
But player 2 can't research anything and/or his research can't be unloacked via scripts.

If one of the points above isn't correct then ignore the rest in this post.

FishSandwich wrote:You are awesome. :D
Is it possible to spawn biters using the createentity, with game.forces.player and game.forces.enemy? That would make for some epic biter battles.

Edit: Never mind, it does work! Awesome. So I need to find out how to send spawned biters to the other player's base, or maybe follow the player around.

This is also possible!

My idea was that the player isn't able to spawn biter, but the whole spawner instead. The force of the spawner is then changed via scripts and only will produce biters with force.enemy.

However there are some drawbacks (doesn't matter if we talk about biters itself or the spawner).
Your own biters won't follow, but chase you ;)
Your biters won't attack other player's biters just his structures and the other player.

But I imagined it that the 2 player bases are not directly adjecent, so if one player wants to attack the other, he goes/drive to the opponents base and create enemy spawner around his base (but not too much otherwise he got killed by his own units).

P.S. Sure it is possible to create biters that belong to the player's force, but that means they won't attack your opponent.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

Im sure some hacking of the Dytech mod which adds mutant biters onto the player's team will work fine so that the Enemy faction player can use normal biters and the normal Player faction guy can spawn Dytech style mutant biters. They DO attack eachother.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I should have done that before, but I just tested it and everything important seems to work.

- started a new game
- You can change a players force to enemy (that was confirmed before)
- I researched all technologies for (the now) enemy-player via console
-> all techs are researched
- I switched the force back to normal
-> research switched back to the normal force

So imo pvp (or even team vs team) should be easily doable.

Fun Fact: If your character belongs to the enemy faction and you (accidently) shot biters they still come to get you :D

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

drs9999 wrote:- I researched all technologies for (the now) enemy-player via console
-> all techs are researched
Yeah, but the recipes don't get unlocked, the enemy player still has only the basic recipes even with all techs researched. That's why you need to unlock them manually through the consoles.
drs9999 wrote:Fun Fact: If your character belongs to the enemy faction and you (accidently) shot biters they still come to get you :D
Haha yes, I did exactly the same thing. Biters never forget :D

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Rahjital wrote:Yeah, but the recipes don't get unlocked, the enemy player still has only the basic recipes even with all techs researched. That's why you need to unlock them manually through the consoles.
Then you do something differently, because for me it's working as expected... What I did:

- start new game
- /c game.player.character.force = game.forces.enemy
- /c game.player.character.force.researchalltechnologies()
- success (all recipes are unlocked as well)

EDIT: As you can see I tested it in SP, but it should be the same in MP, you have to you player[index] then.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

So without some kind of ai help , it guess it's just the player + capsule robots + equipment raiding eachother. The factories become just a means to an end to equip yourself and go kill the other guy and wreck his base. #rekt #factorio #pvplols

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

... Isn't that basically every PvP game ever other than FPS?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

drs9999 wrote:
Rahjital wrote:Yeah, but the recipes don't get unlocked, the enemy player still has only the basic recipes even with all techs researched. That's why you need to unlock them manually through the consoles.
Then you do something differently, because for me it's working as expected... What I did:

- start new game
- /c game.player.character.force = game.forces.enemy

EDIT: As you can see I tested it in SP, but it should be the same in MP, you have to you player[index] then.

I've been experimenting with Xterminator and this works!

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

need video evidence. now!

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

FishSandwich wrote:
drs9999 wrote:- /c game.player.character.force = game.forces.enemy
I've been experimenting with Xterminator and this works!
Wonderful! Drs9999's way is definitely better since it also unlocks bonuses. Looks like all the requirements for the PvP playstyle are met then!

jacksonJFord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jacksonJFord »

Well as far as PvP goes its really objective based that would work with the current game.

Maybe it could by more like a race to science etc. If you have all research unlocked (By Mod if possible). then have like a victory area with chests, each player has to store a certain amount of a resource in the chests, for example you could work out how many of each science pack are needed to complete all research and each player has to have in his chest X amount of Red Science, Y amount of Green Science and Z amount of Blue(probably end up with thousands of each) first to reach wins. Or failing that maybe the end item should be X amount of Modules as they are a very resource heavy item, like make 100 Lvl 3 Modules of each type etc.

This might be good as you can try and steal from the other base so you have to be on your game and try and keep the modules safe etc. This way different playstyle are rewarded differently, aggressive expansion gives more resources, but efficient factories produce more etc.

Just a thought.
Feel Free To Check Out My YouTube Channel For Factorio Videos (Let's Play)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsf3QF ... oF9SfpLz-Q

Thanks - Jackson

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

And you can keep them safe by putting them in your inventory, but then you die...

Return to “General discussion”