Dark sound effects for factorio .

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
jaggmann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Dark sound effects for factorio .

Post by jaggmann »

Sound effects and certain types of music play a large part in the atmosphere of film and games .I have produced some various sounds and effects using modular synthesis .SoundCloud .QUAVERTUNE . Are there enough sounds for buildings in factorio ? Could the sound effects be a bit darker ?

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Dark sound effects for factorio .

Post by DaleStan »

I think you're saying you have created sound effects before, but not necessarily for Factorio?

If so, I believe you can create new sound effects and make a mod to replace the existing sound effects with your new ones. I'm not sure you can replace the background music with a mod, though.

jaggmann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jaggmann »

I think that there are about seven to ten sound effects .Could be wrong .If they were darker ,creepier then it would add to the games atmosphere .If the sound effects were to morph as the player ran past different buildings the effect would be deeper . I produced an effect called "Try to start the fusion drive " Sound cloud , QUAVERTUNE .

Ormy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ormy »

I agree, people often underestimate or fail to notice the effect that good quality sound effects have on the atmosphere and general 'feel' of a game or movie.

I already use the mod 'slighty better sounds' but it only modifies sound effects for weapons and turrets.

I find the background music in factorio to be excellent and it suits the mood of the game very well. Still it can become tiresome after hundreds of hours of play, on rare occasions I turn the music off and play the soundtrack to my favourite ever RTS; C&C: Red Alert 2.

If you do make a mod to change some the machine sounds I would be happy to give you some feedback.

Return to “General discussion”