Logistic Robots Tip

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Logistic Robots Tip

Post by Aza-Industries »

Just discovered something mighty useful that has fixed many supply problems I was having with logistic robots.

If you have a requester chest that you want to be full of one item do not set the requested amount higher then the capacity the chest can have of that item.
What happens is if all the robots see a space available and you have it set to the highest (20k) they do not check the max capacity only that there is available space and the requested amount is 20K,
So ALL your robots will pick up the requested item ready to deliver 20K to the chest, but they get there and its full and they fly around with the item trying to deliver it to other chests for a while.

I just figured out if I set the request to 3K for 64s tack or 6k for 128stack items they will no longer do this..

Just a helpful tip for using robots I thought would come in handy for people. No longer will there be huge conga lines of bots wasting work time.

EDIT: Also seems to have eliminated random pauses that seemed to happen when my fleet all made the decision to do the same job at the same time.

Return to “General discussion”