[0.17.23] Autoplacing of power poles?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Chatastroph
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.23] Autoplacing of power poles?

Post by Chatastroph »

Today i couldn't resist the urge to try the 0.17.x Alpha. I started it, updated my quality of life mods and installed a new endgame mod i wanted to try. I'm currently roughly 45 minutes into the game and upgrading to electric miners and building my first smelting areas. I finished my copper smelting area and wanted to connect it to my electric network. As usual I ran to the nearest power pole to drag and hold the electric pole for optimal spacing. At the moment the first electric pole should have been placed more electric poles appeared up to the miners. Just the electric pole I currently held in my hand was missing, which would have connected both networks. At the first i was questioning myself if I did it this time the other way around, but I'm pretty sure i didn't, so I tried to reproduce. I needed some tries to reproduce it, but I succeded somehow. Until realised i should have recorded it maybe. I uploaded a quick video of my third try to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/62xz2tz7onxts ... _45_46.mp4
Is this a bug or is this a new Feature? I didn't found anything in the release notes and have no one seen talking about it. If it is a Feature how do I use it properly?
I deactivated all my mods to make sure it's not a mod which is doing this.
Thanks for the help.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.23] Autoplacing of power poles?

Post by Bilka »

It is a bug that has already been fixed for the next version, see 68725.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Chatastroph
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.23] Autoplacing of power poles?

Post by Chatastroph »

Weird, i don't think i had some power poles their when i placed them the first time.
But good to know that it is already fixed.

Return to “General discussion”