Alien mods that are compatible with Bob's/Angel's?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
BLCKBLuR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Alien mods that are compatible with Bob's/Angel's?

Post by BLCKBLuR »

Hey everyone! This is my first forum post here ;]

I am starting a New Factory in a little while, and I want to play with Bob's, and Angel's...

But I want to have some sort of New Aliens or Alien Evolution or something of the sort, besides Bob's Enemies.

Would anyone out there be able to tell me of any (if any) Alien Mods that are compatible with Bob's/Angel's?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Alien mods that are compatible with Bob's/Angel's?

Post by orzelek »

You can grab Natural Evolution Enemies and Natural Evolution Buildings for more biter oriented stuff.
There is also Rampant that works both with bob's enemies and two above to make biters really nasty.

BLCKBLuR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BLCKBLuR »

Thanks for the reply! ;]

I am sure it would be too much for me too handle, but would NEE/NEB/Bob/Angel/Rampant Work? lol Just wondering for maybe a crazy lets play one day haha

P.S - I am also using RSO and have used it for a very long time ;]

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

BLCKBLuR wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:59 am
Thanks for the reply! ;]

I am sure it would be too much for me too handle, but would NEE/NEB/Bob/Angel/Rampant Work? lol Just wondering for maybe a crazy lets play one day haha

P.S - I am also using RSO and have used it for a very long time ;]
I've been using above combo sans Rampant. I'm not ready for that one yet ;)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Don't overdo it... just add Rampant (and don't enable its enemies) if it's smarter aliens that you're looking for.
(Though sounds like that NE/NEE is indeed more what you're interested in ? Try those, first without Rampant, then...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

BLCKBLuR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BLCKBLuR »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 am
Don't overdo it... just add Rampant (and don't enable its enemies) if it's smarter aliens that you're looking for.
(Though sounds like that NE/NEE is indeed more what you're interested in ? Try those, first without Rampant, then...)
Thanks for the reply, I decided to wait and not play last night, and start my new factory today ;] I am going to play in a few minutes and yeah I am going to use Angel's/Bob's/NEE/NEB.

I am actually interested in both, but for THIS factory I just want something like NEW enemies, maybe new models, different types of enemies, etc.

My next play through I will probably try Pyanodons/Rampant, do you know if those work together?

I am also planning on doing AAI one day and 5Dim's one day, I just need to find out which alien mods those are compatible with also.
orzelek wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:40 am

I've been using above combo sans Rampant. I'm not ready for that one yet ;)
Yeah I am going to play the same ones that you are using for the moment. Can't wait to start my new factory!

One more thing for both of you that replied...

I have never actually played VANILLA Factorio. Is that a problem? lol

Should I play Vanilla before getting TOO deep into mods? J.w because I DO find myself wondering what I am supposed to do half the time, so I ALWAYS use FNEI. Also, are there any other helpful mods that help you figure out what to do like FNEI does?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

IMHO better than FNEI, but a question of taste I guess : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/what-is-i ... y-used-for
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/helmod - can server a similar role, but also so much more ! - a bit more unwieldy though (at least was, in 0.16)
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/multi-pro ... pe-details - essential for complex mods like Angel and Py

Yes, you definitely should play vanilla first - at least up to Tank I guess?
BLCKBLuR wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:55 pm
My next play through I will probably try Pyanodons/Rampant, do you know if those work together?
Rampant (even/especially without its extra enemies) should work with pretty much all mods...
I'd be wary to play it with Py though, even without increasing the biter threat otherwise : to give you an idea, at start, in Py, basic ammo magazines cost each 80 iron ore (and 2 stone and coal) !!

BLCKBLuR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BLCKBLuR »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:30 pm
IMHO better than FNEI, but a question of taste I guess : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/what-is-i ... y-used-for
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/helmod - can server a similar role, but also so much more ! - a bit more unwieldy though (at least was, in 0.16)
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/multi-pro ... pe-details - essential for complex mods like Angel and Py

Yes, you definitely should play vanilla first - at least up to Tank I guess?
BLCKBLuR wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:55 pm
Rampant (even/especially without its extra enemies) should work with pretty much all mods...
I'd be wary to play it with Py though, even without increasing the biter threat otherwise : to give you an idea, at start, in Py, basic ammo magazines cost each 80 iron ore (and 2 stone and coal) !!
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I actually use FNEI, and sometimes I will use WIIRUF, been kind of testing both. As for Helmod, I just found it like an hour ago but I have not used it yet, I was thinking of trying it out. The only thing that is stopping me from trying out helmod at the current moment, is that it looks EXTREMELY complicated to me from the photos. I am going to see if I can find a youtube video or something. Maybe it is just me, but it looks like a lot to take in.

I just took a look at Multi-Product Recipe Details... This mod looks like it would help out a lot in my current play through, even though I have FNEI! I just started the download! Thanks so much for all the great help! ;]

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Helmod's 0.16 version has a built-in tutorial, not sure about 0.17...

BLCKBLuR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BLCKBLuR »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:05 pm
Helmod's 0.16 version has a built-in tutorial, not sure about 0.17...
I just found a few youtube videos of some great in detail tutorials starting all the way from the most basic uses.

Last question, Are there any sort of "Weather" mods? Or is weather something that might be planned in the future of the games releases?

I always thought it would be incredible to have weather in this game, or even natural disasters like a random tornado or a river flood.

It would be incredible to be able to research and build lightning rods in order to pull energy from the lightning in order to power certain parts of your factories.

I promise that is the last question I have xD

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

No you're off-topic :P
Forum search is your friend, especially advanced search !
search.php?keywords=weather&terms=all&a ... mit=Search

Return to “General discussion”