Owner of Factorio looking for 0.17.1 to use Bobs Ores Mod with Bobs other mods (Solved)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Darkmatterx76
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Owner of Factorio looking for 0.17.1 to use Bobs Ores Mod with Bobs other mods (Solved)

Post by Darkmatterx76 »

Hi I'm trying to find 0.17.1 so I can use Bobs Ores. I started a game without it due to it not being compatible and it looks like I need those ores to build Bobs stuff. If I have that wrong please let me know. I haven't played since 0.14.x.

BTW I tried changing the .json file and that didn't work.

Thanks!

DM
Last edited by Darkmatterx76 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Owner of Factorio looking for 0.17.1 to use Bobs Ores Mod with Bobs other mods

Post by DaveMcW »

Go to https://mods.factorio.com, find your mod, and ask the author to update it.

Karlito15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Owner of Factorio looking for 0.17.1 to use Bobs Ores Mod with Bobs other mods

Post by Karlito15 »

Ok, some questions to clear the situation :
Do you already have a higher version of factorio than 17.1 (the newest is 17.21 I think)?
If no, then you need to get the experimental releases.
If yes, then you want to get access to an older version. (But a save from a higher version is not compatible with a lower one, so...)

Do you have the game on Steam?
If yes, then do a right click on the game in the list, click properties, then on the betas tap. There should be a dropdown menu with a lot different versions. 17.1 is not one of them, but you have some experimental releases to choose from.

If no, then go to factorio.com and log in. Then you click on download on the right, and on experimental release on the top (important to get 17.x versions!).
There you can choose any release you want and download it. That should fix your problem I hope.

Darkmatterx76
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkmatterx76 »

Unfortunately on both Steam and this site is goes from 16.x to 17.2. I'm currently using 17.3 which doesn't work with Bobs Ores.

The thing that I don't get is that SO many people download Bobs Mods and they've all been kept up except Bobs Ores, so is it even needed? It looks like it is, but how can it be needed if it hasn't been updated in quite a while but the others have?

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

What makes you think Bob's Ores is not compatible with Factorio 0.17.21? I just started a game in 0.17.21 with all of Bob's mods, and everything seems to be just fine.

bergi9
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by bergi9 »

The versions of Bob's mods doesn't need to be equal to Factorio's version.
Just update the Factorio to the most recent version and let the mod portal ingame update the Bob's mods. Then you should be fine.

Darkmatterx76
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkmatterx76 »

Thank-you! I had disabled auto-updates because I remember running into problems with the game updating after I started a game and my mods would no longer work. I also totoally forgot about the in game mod download and update portal! So thank-you all! I even found some old mods I liked were still being kept up so that made me quite happy.

I'll have to re-start, but in Factorio that's like reading, "You need to restart the program for these settings to take effect." :)

DM

Return to “General discussion”