Why i will never play 0.17

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Why i will never play 0.17

Post by mrvn »

GlassDeviant wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 pm
GrumpyJoe wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:55 pm
GlassDeviant wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:44 pm
It is a pain in the rear to click it without scrolling accidentally up or down.
is your mouse 10 years old, or did it come with a completed sticker bonus card from your local coffee shop? :P
While the rest of this thread is too dated to have replied to otherwise, I do have to take exception to your strawmanning. I happen to have several mice and they are all top quality hardware, from the Logitech MX Ergo to the Madcatz R.A.T. 6+ to the Thermaltake Iris. Your comment is in very poor form.
On the other hand I do have some mice that always scroll when I click the wheel while other I can reliably click without scrolling.

It's not even about how much the mouse costs but how the wheel/click is designed. Go to your local computer shop and test the mouse before you buy one next time. It has nothing to do with age too, I have 15 year old mice that wheel click perfectly while newer mice nearly always scroll when I click.

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

mrvn wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:08 pm
GlassDeviant wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 pm
GrumpyJoe wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:55 pm
GlassDeviant wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:44 pm
It is a pain in the rear to click it without scrolling accidentally up or down.
is your mouse 10 years old, or did it come with a completed sticker bonus card from your local coffee shop? :P
While the rest of this thread is too dated to have replied to otherwise, I do have to take exception to your strawmanning. I happen to have several mice and they are all top quality hardware, from the Logitech MX Ergo to the Madcatz R.A.T. 6+ to the Thermaltake Iris. Your comment is in very poor form.
On the other hand I do have some mice that always scroll when I click the wheel while other I can reliably click without scrolling.

It's not even about how much the mouse costs but how the wheel/click is designed. Go to your local computer shop and test the mouse before you buy one next time. It has nothing to do with age too, I have 15 year old mice that wheel click perfectly while newer mice nearly always scroll when I click.
While I don't see how this is relevant to the post you are directly replying to, which is about GJ's base strawmanning ridicule in the place of any reasonable discussion and not the problem with the mouse wheel being used as a third button, all of the mice I use are great quality and have the feature of stepping, where there is a tactile "click" every time the wheel is rotated a certain amount, and resistance to accidental rotation. The problem isn't in their preventative measures, the problem is that they had to exist at all to prevent rotation when using the wheel as a button. The whole concept is ridiculous. The wheel should not be used as a button, period.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

crambaza
Inserter
Inserter

Post by crambaza »

I look forward to returning to this thread in 8 months to see how he responds.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

You picked exactly ONE line (with a f´ing smileyface) of a reply, in which I mostly agreed with you.

Your original mouse statement was offtopic to start with, since it was about mice in general.
If you dont like the clear hotbar thing on your MMB, im sure you could rebind it.
So i didn´t bother to write what mrvn did now: test different mice
I do have the same problem as you and i find it annoying.
In the office. Where i wont invest my own money and the boss wont pay for the mouse i´d prefer

The mouse im using at home doesn´t have that problem. MMB can easily scroll OR click.
Quite expensive one tho, Corsair Scimitar.
Because i LOVE the number keys on the side, its worth it for me.
Im sure there are cheaper ones out there that are equal in MMB quality.
MMB functionality is awesome imho, not only in gaming.
But thats just me. If you dont like it, thats also fine
Dont take anyone (including yourself) too seriously, specially on the internet.
I wont, so please except my apology. For whatever strawmanning means ;)

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

You have a point. I must have been excessively tired and irritable when I posted that, and just carried it forward from laziness when I replied to mrvn.

My apologies.

I have used a Corsair M65, it was nice but one of the tiny clips inside broke when I was cleaning the mouse wheel. I'm not fond of mice that I can't open up and clean thoroughly. How is the Scimitar? It looks good and I would enjoy having the extra buttons, especially compared to the Iris I am using most of the time now which has only back/forward buttons.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] This topic has gone increasingly off topic, I'm locking it.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “General discussion”