Copy-Paste in 0.17

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
NeilN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Copy-Paste in 0.17

Post by NeilN »

We can rotate entities we copy before pasting them. Any plans to allow us to mirror/flip them?

Durentis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Copy-Paste in 0.17

Post by Durentis »

Would love this feature.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Probably not, for the same reasons that you can't mirror/flip blueprints in vanilla.

Blueprints with chem plants, refineries and stations/signals often break when mirrored/flipped. Refineries because when the blueprint is mirrored, what was a water input pipe, is now connected to the refineries crude oil input, and heavy and petrol output pipes swap places as well. Chem plants with recipes using 2 different input or output fluids have the same problem. Stations and signals, because the station/signal needs to be always on the right hand side of the track, but mirroring/flipping means they are now on the opposite side of the track, which means most rail blueprints would be broken.

diederTheBeater
Inserter
Inserter

Post by diederTheBeater »

This makes much sense

Even though one could implement flipping as long as those mentioned blacklist doodads do not exist in the blueprint, and give a errormsg otherwise, but for large blueprints this is probably almost never the case.

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xng »

I'm pretty sure a warning like "This blueprint might not work as expected if mirrored" would be enough and everyone would have an awesome feature.

Durentis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durentis »

The Foreman mod does mirroring, though it may need to be updated for 0.17. I'd prefer it to be in Vanilla though.

I don't think that the edge cases justify not implementing mirroring. Have you ever tried manually mirroring a large belt balancer? Ugh. Having to fix a few signals, structures, or pipe connections that can't be placed occasionally is a small price to pay.

nog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nog »

Also the BlueprintExtensions does it pretty well, and is up to date for the 0.17.

MichealHick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MichealHick »

First time I heard about that extension, thanks for recommendation.
My perosnal blogs: toodire.com - eaterbox.com

Return to “General discussion”