Significant other's take on our friendly alien neighbours.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Genuity
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Significant other's take on our friendly alien neighbours.

Post by Genuity »

I just wanted to share an interaction that happened ever so timely during the transition to 0.17x.

I had just come back to the game (0.16x) from a longer hiatus, frantically building away at my messy base, when my SO sat down next to me with a couple of sandwiches inquiring as to what I was doing. I showed her the game, tried to explain its greatness, when suddenly I had to engage in some base defense. Upon seeing the biters her spontaneous reaction was disgust. And as I went out to clear some neighboring nests she suddenly rose and left, saying that she was losing her appetite. I hadn't myself thought much about it, but experience her reaction I could easily sympathize. The organic and living feel of the pre-0.17 biter was invoking images of boils and nasty, fleshy organic matter.

When I asked her what see thought of the new graphics she replied upon a brief glance, "That is much better", what ever she meant by that, and went off in pursue of other things. Personally I think the new biters look way less menacing. And perhaps the reason for why that is could be best explained in my dear SO's spontaneous reaction.

Return to “General discussion”