One 0.17 interface change was very disappointing for me

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

One 0.17 interface change was very disappointing for me

Post by Bizz Keryear »

To say it out clearly, I'm somewhat convinced that the thing I complain about will not be fixed, since I'm clearly an edge case.
For the record I play more that 99% of all games in window mode, since I have 3 screens running and usually do other things on them. Like having additional info of the game on them, watching / listening to YT or Music, and many more things.

Since still a considerable amount of games come without a proper fake fullscreen (like e.g. Factorio till end of 0.16) I also got used to use an AHK script for that as well ... while programming that* I also added in a function to scale up the game, so that it uses more than one screen.*²
I use this extra real estate of the game window usually to put all kinds of windows from the game ... which you usually can open, but also don't, cause while you have then all those things of the game, and you have everything at hand, you actually can't see the game part of the game anymore.
But usually I can ... on the extra space I have.

And that worked also dandy on Factorio ... till 0.17. Since 0.17 everything outside my main screen stays black*³ ... and I can't even put any windows there.

I really would love if in that regard 0.17 would go back to the behavior of 0.16 and before.

Thanks a bunch.

*= made my own originally, but that stayed on my old computer, now I use one that someone posted somewhere, plus changes from how I done it in my own which I recovered from memory, as well as new functions
*²= which worked fine in factorio 0.16 and lower. And when I say more than one screen it is exactly that. The window gets wider a few percent wider in several steps till up to 3840 px wide, but centered on the main screen.
*³ = also used that to make my fights against biter bases easier, since I could look on the horizontal axis further.

Return to “General discussion”