No more sound alert when buildings being damaged/attacked ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Yaua
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

No more sound alert when buildings being damaged/attacked ?

Post by Yaua »

I'm playing the latest branch (v0.17.4) and noticed that... before, you got a warning sound when your buildings were attacked ("alert-damage.ogg" in "Factorio\data\core\sound").
But not anymore ? I only get an alert ("alert-destroyed.ogg") if something is destroyed (= too late).

Did I missed something ? Is there a way to get the warning back ?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: No more sound alert when buildings being damaged/attacked ?

Post by wahming »

Yaua wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:53 pm
I'm playing the latest branch (v0.17.4) and noticed that... before, you got a warning sound when your buildings were attacked ("alert-damage.ogg" in "Factorio\data\core\sound").
But not anymore ? I only get an alert ("alert-destroyed.ogg") if something is destroyed (= too late).

Everything works like normal for me. Check your settings?

Jan11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jan11 »

Unfavorable it was gone too since in 0.16. You only get only a alert if something is destroyed. The only new thing is the new short alert sound in 0.17.

Yaua
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yaua »

wahming wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:56 am
Yaua wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:53 pm

Everything works like normal for me. Check your settings?
Just to be sure, I checked, and even started a brand new game with the portable version after your message : same. Sound alert only if a building is destroyed.
By the way, the file "alert-damage.ogg" in "Factorio\data\core\sound" who was still present in 16.xx versions is not here anymore (at all), and so there are no alert sound if your buildings are being damaged :/
Jan11 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 pm
Unfavorable it was gone too since in 0.16. You only get only a alert if something is destroyed. The only new thing is the new short alert sound in 0.17.
So there isn't an alarm when you're attacked anymore ?

I don't find that the "only visual" warning is very convenient. The warning sound helped me a lot when I was heavily focused on something :S (and so I really miss it now :/)

Strongly hope there'll be the possibility to add it again ?
(The best would be to be able to toggle on/off the alarm sounds you don't want/need.)

J-H
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by J-H »

The attack alert sounds are too quiet!

Luckily the biters seem less aggressive. Maybe I turned the settings down too much, but a simple slow conveyor around my base perimeter with turrets and inserters did a great job holding off the random attacks until I got laser turrets.

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

I am noticing this as well. I am playing through the campaign and had a burning miner drill destroyed. I had zero audible notification of either the attack or the destruction. I only noticed once I ran over to collect more iron plate. Going through the options, I do not see an option at all to turn such alerts on or off.

Return to “General discussion”