.17 changed the gamma setting

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

.17 changed the gamma setting

Post by ownlyme »

I'm 99% sure the game looks brighter now.
Was this intentionally or will you fix it?
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: .17 changed the gamma setting

Post by ownlyme »

we mod creators put a lot of work into making our graphics as realistic as possible... and when suddenly the gamma setting is changed that's an issue.
at least give us some information about whether it's getting lowered again or whether we can start changing all our graphics..
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I have no idea what are you talking about. There was no gamma setting change in 0.17. Given nobody else chipped in this thread, it seems to me, whatever problem you are referring to, it exists only on your computer.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I think (not 100% sure) some of the vanilla graphics had colors modified a bit, but theoretically that should have only been in the raw sprites and not an engine-level change.

Also, I'm not sure exactly when it was introduced, but there's lossy sprite compression available now, which is the only other thing I can think of that would have had an effect.

Could you post screenshots that better demonstrate this? My idea would be putting a colorspace chart in a sprite, and test it under 0.16 and 0.17.

Return to “General discussion”