The new (enemy) graphics look sterile

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

How do you find the graphics of the new enemies?

Good
54%
Okay
28%
Not so good
15%
Bad
4%

Total votes: 123

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: The new (enemy) graphics look sterile

Post by Hannu »

benwillard wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:22 pm
For the questions about gravity, anyway this planet has been terraformed at some point in the past, as it has trees. Big insects are possible on Earth gravity, if they're not in chitin but in some stronger material.
Actually oxygen concentration limits the size of arthropods. Fossil records of about meter sized arthropods are known from carboniferous period. Oxygen concentration was then significantly higher and primitive breathing mechanism could feed larger individuals. Structural strength of chitin may be restriction at some size level, though. Behemoth sized individuals would not be possible with Earth's life chemistry even in pure oxygen atmosphere.

But unrealistic strength is nice and problem free fictive element in the game. Biters look good, in my opinion. They have enough strange features to be alien monsters instead of earth animals in steroids, but have a nice and recongnizable arthropod like structure.

Kostriktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kostriktor »

Hannu wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:14 am
Have you ever watched insects?
no im sure i haven´t, looking forward to.
Hannu wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:14 am
They clean themselves
of course ! that makes sense. i meant dirty in another way. maybe with scars or something.
honestly every insect i ever watched was literally just cleaning itself, rubbing those tiny legs here and there.

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

Actually, the aliens on this planet have extra chromasomes and a triple helix in their DNA so the possibilities are endless.
And the hydrogen, oxygen, helium and nitrogen are of different levels than on earth. And their sun emits slightly different amounts of light and radiation than our earth.
Stuff is just different. :mrgreen:
As for the graphics and shadow issues: I believe the DEVs are still working on those aspects of the game.

Return to “General discussion”