Lazy Bastard and Deathworld, has it been done?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Lazy Bastard and Deathworld, has it been done?

Post by Drakken »

The question is obvious. Has anyone done the lazy bastard challenge with deathworld settings?

It seems with .17 this may be easier considering the new "no limits" in the assembly machine ingedients.

silenced
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Lazy Bastard and Deathworld, has it been done?

Post by silenced »

It should be even easier now if you use 'island' as map setting. Then 'deathworld' does not really matter, just make sure nothing spawns on your island.

Other than that, it's doable but it will take forever, since you will have to wait until all the pollution has dissipated naturally before you continue smelting or mining or producing, until you are at the point where you can bring the fight to them.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

Should be straightforward. You'll have a slight increase in difficulty compared to a regular start from the beginning being slow, but not needing assembly 2 to really get started is a big boost.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

Drakken wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:36 pm
It seems with .17 this may be easier considering the new "no limits" in the assembly machine ingedients.
Not much. In 0.16 you rapidly go from 0 items to 104 items, then you have to do a little dance to get your assembly machine 2 as #105, and you can't get assembly machine 3 without a refinery so your first refinery has to be handcrafted as #106.

So without the ingredient limit, you just stop at #104.

However: you can now throw away your furnace and burner mining drill to go full-on bootstrap and handcraft them. That's 6 items - three gears, two stone furnaces, one burner mining drill - so before the ingredient limit was removed, you couldn't get away with that. Now it takes you to #110.

I was PISSED when I figured out that would take me to #112 in 0.16, btw

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

CDarklock wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:25 pm
Not much. In 0.16 you rapidly go from 0 items to 104 items, then you have to do a little dance to get your assembly machine 2 as #105, and you can't get assembly machine 3 without a refinery so your first refinery has to be handcrafted as #106.

So without the ingredient limit, you just stop at #104.

However: you can now throw away your furnace and burner mining drill to go full-on bootstrap and handcraft them. That's 6 items - three gears, two stone furnaces, one burner mining drill - so before the ingredient limit was removed, you couldn't get away with that. Now it takes you to #110.

I was PISSED when I figured out that would take me to #112 in 0.16, btw
Nah, the change is huge. You get a few extra crafts, sure, but the biggest change is getting to build everything earlier. You're stuck on your initial setup until you can research automation 2 which is 110 more science. Not having to do that off of 1 or 2 mines + furnaces is a pretty nice advantage.

Return to “General discussion”