Who brought you to factorio?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
lamp18
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Who brought you to factorio?

Post by lamp18 »

Code: Select all

What made me to try this game was this video... 

Code: Select all

Sadly or not... got in love with the game (demo at first) than i bought it ...
also... i found out that video looking for survival games by the way !
Thank you very much

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

i dont remember. may have been one friend i played with a lot early on. but i dont recall if he or i got it first.
all i know is it had everything in it that i felt was missing from minecraft. a clear tech tree.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I don't remember exactly. My guess would be I was looking for games like Minecraft-Industrialcraft. I will say that the existence of a DEMO was the only reason I gave it a chance.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Rjskeet
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rjskeet »

Watched the trailer, after looking at games about trains. then saw bentham playing a railworld series and knew the game was for me.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

a YouTube Inzainia ( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Oz08w-F_2U ) back in 2014 ( v0.8.0 ) be for oil was in the game .

Mathematician
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mathematician »

Somwhere around my starting months at university I decided to rewrite from zero my first/favourite game. I've treated it more as a programming excercises than actually planning to make it complete someday. Ever since then I usually spend few weeks a year pushing the project. You know - implementing one or two (or ten) features when I have time and the hype hits. :D
This summer my younger cousin (not experienced programming in his education yet) was in my place and become quite interested in process. One evening while we discussed my implementation of train transportation (we like trains) he just asked "Do you know Factorio?". So I've watched the trailer, liked it, and saved it in my bookmarks for later. And that 'later' came in December while I was looking for something to waste my time in hollidays. :lol: :santa:

And thus here I am. Another Facorio fan. Entering community just in this beautifull time of 0.17 release.
Brought here by my cousin.
Some people say math is useless in life. I say life is useless in math.

Hildegarde
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hildegarde »

A rainy day of 2016, my gf told me "Hey I just saw this game on Steam, you might like it !". I had never heard of it. And now here we are, 3 years and 700+ hours of playtime later.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

Steam kept recommending it to me, I bought it in late 2017, and then it was confusing and annoying so after about 40 hours of play I just let it sit in my game inventory doing nothing.

Then XisumaVoid (one of the holy trinity of Minecraft YouTubers, along with Grian and MumboJumbo) did a tutorial video on it, I fired it back up, and now I'm at about 200 hours. I launched my first rocket last week with a spaghetti factory that was like... 40% broken... because I cannibalised half the base to produce rocket parts. I was confused by solar and nuclear power, actively afraid of the logistic and circuit networks, and simply could not get the one train I built to work.

Since then, I've constructed a few roboports, torn up the entire base into storage chests, and thrown together a 20MW solar grid based on what I see other people using in YouTube videos. I managed to build a four-stop bidirectional train between two large lakes, stopping at the major resource locations, and the most frustrating part is that I still don't know why my first train never worked. Still have no idea how to use circuit networks, really, but I don't think they're scary anymore.

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

ImTheRealSlayer wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:59 am
I started off as a viewer wathing a lets play series on a youtube channel called ProJaredPlays and i was hooked straight away. I downloaded the demo and i played it for HOURS on end, trying to build the biggest and most wonderful factory in the vast space that the devs wonderfully gave me (thank you Wube)

So, who influenced you to join us?
so i found a game called factor i and then i got a lot of unexpected factorio results(which is a completley different game)
then i got eaten by biters and quitted that game

hasanchik
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hasanchik »

Martincitopants or something, i dont know how to spell that

When does going to space p2 come out martincioto :?:

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I really wish I could remember. I've been factorio player for a very very long time. Knew about factorio even way before I bought it.

Return to “General discussion”