Multiplayer Teams

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
EnProsent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Multiplayer Teams

Post by EnProsent »

Hello :)

This is the first post I have made on this forum so allow me to take a moment to thank the developers for making this game!
I have 1200 hours played(insert rookie numbers meme) and I'm excited about the 1.0 release.
--
To my question!
Once the 1.0 will be released... (I heard rumours it's this month?)
Me and 5 others are planning on setting up a new 1.0 server and play together.
We would like to try and set up 3 teams with separate research tree and spawn location.

I see there are some mods out there, but they seem to be non-functional and not maintained.
The commands are somewhat confusing as well.
Is it even possible to set 3 different random spawn locations on the map? Not as fun of the other teams know where you are.

Multiplayer teams have such potential for fun gameplay, why isn't it a feature?
You could have players fight for territory, set up trade routes with trains, fight for resources.

Anyway, thanks for your attention :)

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Teams

Post by dog80 »

what is stopping you, i'm asking: you have players, you have factorio, you have a text-editor, you have scenario-scripting... rock it!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

There is no information when 1.0 will be declared, but it will not be this month, you can check the plans here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=678
There are hundreds of mods for the game, most working and some unfinished or outdated.
Multiplayer team games are possible to set up already.

SirLANsalot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SirLANsalot »

Look at the Wiki for Console Commands. There you can find how to create a new force, forces are teams in the game. Each force has a seporate reserch tree and vision. Turrets will shoot other forces as well. You can set forces to be "peaceful" with one another (you will have to do it for each one to the other force) which will stop turrets from killing the other "allied" force. Radar vision is shared among allied forces as well.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

EnProsent wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Is it even possible to set 3 different random spawn locations on the map? Not as fun of the other teams know where you are.

Multiplayer teams have such potential for fun gameplay, why isn't it a feature?
You could have players fight for territory, set up trade routes with trains, fight for resources.
The PvP scenario is included with the base game, and can do what you describe

EnProsent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EnProsent »

Thank you for the replies. I will look more into the scenario feature and see what I can do with it.

EnProsent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by EnProsent »

Alright, I've tested the PVP Scenario, works very well. I did not know this feature was already there, my apologies for not doing enough research beforehand.
Thank you for the replies that pointed me in the right direction.

Return to “General discussion”