Did no one else notice massive nerf of tank in 0.17?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
nikow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Did no one else notice massive nerf of tank in 0.17?

Post by nikow »

I think, that it will be nice if there will be vehicle grid in the vanilla tank, because sometimes it's too hard to survive.

Maybe you will think it's offtopic - but i use tanks mainly as enginnering cars for places, where i do not have rails yet. It's moving storage unit - which can have second tank. I usually build 3 tanks - one which i am using for moving around, placing my rails and exploring… and two others for actual fighting. When i pack two tanks into my tank, 4 stacks of fuel, 3 stacks of normal cannon ammo, 2 stacks of explosive cannons, 2 tanks of fuel for fire-thrower and some ammo. When i am close to war-zone i just put some offensive gear in my armor (if i am able), place around 8 turrets around my 'enginnering' tank, then i create small turrets wall. I am preparing both military tanks and go… When i am not driving inside base or do not make mistake, usually i am able to clear out nest without even using second tank. When spawners are destroyed (using normal canon shells, as i remember They're one shooters most of the times, in early game you need to throw grenade on second circling), i just come back to my turrets and They're helping me soft what is chassing me. Then i repair and pack everything, just to go to next stop.

Tanks are durable enough to survive random biter shoots and are able to outrun biters, so you can check quite huge chunk of map in mid-game, when your power armor is not good enough yet.

I am not sure if you are aware, but you can lock tank slot for some type of item, so you can resupply your main engineering tank without any work - you just need to park it in correct place after setting it once. If you put additional capsules it's pretty dangerous even without actually shooting.

In later game i am creeping turrets from inside tank - it has enough storage to carry all my walls, turrets, poles and so on. So i just place my blueprints and build using all my power armor power for roboports. If things will get ugly - tank has enough firepower to fight off nasties and it's fast enough to focus biters on me and retreat (without damaging my wall/creeping structures). When i creep, i usually build my train network behind me, so resupplies are coming from train when needed. If i am close to my logistic network center, i have prepared 'garrage' blueprint - which spawns some turrets, requester chests and inserters, which are filling my tank 'on field'.

Did you know that your tank is good shelter from atomic bomb? If you will shoot, then realize that you can not run away from the blast, you can always place tank and enter it before you blast will hit you hard...

So for me, personaly, nerf does not matter to much. Having power armor just with reactors and roboports… and all needed supplies in inventory and inside your trusty tank? There is no better view than rapid constructing/deconstructing.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Did you know that your tank is good shelter from atomic bomb? If you will shoot, then realize that you can not run away from the blast, you can always place tank and enter it before you blast will hit you hard...
This sounds like a fun achievement.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

Atomic bomb is faster than you think though. If it was really launched to a close distance, all you can do is open inventory and it has propably already landed.

Return to “General discussion”