Open letter to the devs (and Wube Software)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Rocky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Open letter to the devs (and Wube Software)

Post by Rocky »

Hello,

First I have to say I absolutly love your game!
I have played it for years now and I think you did an amazing job!

Of course, as everyone, I have suggestions for minor improvements (bring back science farming from the aliens!), but here I want to adress somthing else after reading the friday facts regulary.

Being a developer myself, I totally understand the motivation to improve existing code, refactor things and twaek the existing product.
However, as a "normal" player of factorio I think the game is good enough as it is - performs well, stable, bugfree.

Therefore I would ask you to focus on additional content! The nuclear power was great, but since that nothing new.
I don't care about keybindings or perfect terrain generator etc - I want new resources, factories, goals after the rocket, alien interaction etc..

And as a hint: I'm more than willing to pay for a expansion pack or DLCs!

br

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Open letter to the devs (and Wube Software)

Post by Koub »

What you're asking mostly belongs to the modding realm. The devs can't satisfy all the players fantasies. Instead, they can give us a solid game that can be played vanilla for quite enough time and for those who want moar, you have mods.
Now that the content is okayish, I'd rather see them what they are already doing : polishing the gaming experience, tweaking and balancing the game so that most players can have enough fun with vanilla, ...

side note : dat topic title. Much drama so wow ( personal opinion). If you want to suggest some addition, get in the suggestions subforum, and post like there's no tomorrow :mrgreen:. Also think of what your suggestion would bring to the game every factorian plays (not just you).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

In addition to what Koub said, at the moment i believe the devs are focused on tweaking and polishing the game for 1.0, so now probably isn't the right time for them to be adding major amounts of new content.

I've got no idea what Wube has planned for after 1.0 releases (and it possible that even Wube is too focused on shipping 1.0 to have any plans either), but it's possible that after 1.0 ships, that Wube might add new content in the form of DLC. In the meantime there are lots of mods that add new stuff.

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

I agree the current focus should be on final polishing for 1.0,

But I also would like to see more content/expansion after 1.0. And I'd also be happy for it to be as a DLC.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Koub wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:01 am
What you're asking mostly belongs to the modding realm.
+1
Koub wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:01 am
side note : dat topic title. Much drama so wow ( personal opinion).
Yep, that title is definitely on the clickbait side - way too attention-begging.

Return to “General discussion”