Where'd the starting area lakes go?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Curo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Where'd the starting area lakes go?

Post by Curo »

It's been a while since I played, and I thought I'd been keeping up with all the updates, but I may be wrong. I distinctly remember usually having a nice assortment of lakes and rivers around the starting area, and they gave a lot of distinctiveness and personality to the map and how I'd build my base. Were these removed to make room for more forests and cliffs or something? I generated a dozen maps or so and saw nothing but a small pool near spawn, with water settings set to default.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Where'd the starting area lakes go?

Post by Koub »

There are many problems with 0.16 map gen. You should have a look to the 0.16 map gen feedback topic to get an idea.
Luckily, the devs are working on a better mapgen for 0.17, so the current situation is temporary.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Global warming from too much factoring around.

LuckyLuke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LuckyLuke »

I figured out, that the map generator seems so place more water when you set the starting area to a bigger size - that worked for me quite well even through i had to review a few maps before i chose mine. :D

neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by neoc »

If you don't "have" to do vanilla achievements without mods, use RSO. I think there is an option for water in the starting area.

Return to “General discussion”