Nooby question on Mod loading/map settings.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Taurondir
Inserter
Inserter

Nooby question on Mod loading/map settings.

Post by Taurondir »

I screw around with Mods. A lot. I hardly ever end up "finishing" a map, but I have a lot of fun trying to get all the tech unlocked and set up so I can see what the makers of the mod actually did.

Now, If I wanted to get a friend to play a particular mix of mods and also specific settings, Is the only way to do so to send him a text instruction list with basically "go to install mods, get all these, then go into the game under settings->mods and tick/untick all these options" ?

I understand that I could save a Scenario, but does that not "lock" the map?, ie, they would play on whatever map I had saved, and can't generate a new one.

Is there a cheat-y way of like, sending a json or a config file to get around that? The few people I would send it too would have no problem making a another folder copy, and overwriting files on that one.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Nooby question on Mod loading/map settings.

Post by Klonan »

Send him the save, when he goes to load it, there is a 'Sync mods with save' button.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Nooby question on Mod loading/map settings.

Post by orzelek »

Klonan wrote:Send him the save, when he goes to load it, there is a 'Sync mods with save' button.
I'm not sure if this will sync the settings - I think thats in 0.17.
You might need to also send him the settings.dat file.

Return to “General discussion”