add infinite ore

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

add infinite ore

Post by evopwr »

Is there a way I can add infinite ore (eg Angels or something) to a game i've already started?
I dont mind if all existing patches get wiped out, and I have to redo all my mining posts.

Careyn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: add infinite ore

Post by Careyn »

You can use Angel's Ores to get infinite ore. If you use it with RSO part of regular ore patches will spawn as infinite. Otherwise they just spawn randomly on their own.

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

Thanks Careyn, but not sure what RSO is. I'm wanting to add it to an existing game. I have a feeling its not possible, as I think infinite resource mods such as Angels only trigger on map generation. But I'm hoping....
Would also like to remove all enemies from an existing game, but again think that might not be possible.

Careyn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Careyn »

It is Resource Spawn Overhaul. It gives better resource generation than vanilla.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

By default any ore modifying mod that you add will work in running game on newly spawned areas only. So if you add Angel's intinite ores they will start appearing if you go and explore further then your current area (it might be far into the dark since game gnerates chunks there).
Some mods might have a regen method that will reset all the ores etc - RSO has one activated by calling /rso-regenerate and it will wipe whole map and recreate resources again.

Karlito15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Karlito15 »

There is a mod that removes all enemys when enabled. I saw it yesterday when searching the modlist for something.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BitersBegone
I hope it's what your looking for.

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

Thanks guys,
I had tried angels infinite + RSO before posting, but in all my running around, I didn't find any Infintite Ores - but I didn't run as far as the black area, as I already have a crazy amount of the map uncovered.
I then stumbled across the /rso-regenerate command, and this worked really well. And I found setting the biter spawn details in RSO as low as possible, seems to have resulted in no biters, as far as I can see from running around for 10mins. I suspect however, there is a base or 2, as I couldn't see the setting to 0. Just 0.01. Naturally over time they would spread, but if I have to run /rso-regenerate every hundreds hours or whatever, that's fine.
Thanks for the tip on the Biters Begone mod!

However, my idea has been ruined a little, as I realise there is just far too much water on the map, for what I had planned. Too much to try and fill it in, especially by hand, it would take days, and be easier to just start again. I don't think you can fill-in via blueprint? or can you?

I tried looking for mods/console-commands, that allowed me to remove water except starting area, or regenerate map with "Very Low" water. Didn't find anything, but maybe theres something?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

If you're fine with mods to blueprint landfill, there's Bot landfill (which does exactly what it sounds like); otherwise, you'll probably have to generate a new map (although you can use the same seed and you might get a somewhat similar one).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

Awesome!!! Thanks heaps!

Careyn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Careyn »

You can landfill with bots if you shift+click with landfill. Always worked for me unless I'm using a mod that changes the landfill.

Return to “General discussion”