[Poll] "No research queue for you"

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

Should the research queue be restored to the proposed 0.17 update?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:00 pm

Yes.
38%
No.
10%
No. Please provide modding support for it to be used as a mod.
6%
Yes. Please make it only be turned on by changing the settings.
19%
Yes. Make it an ability that can be researched.
7%
Yes. Only for repeatable tech.
4%
I do not care.
15%
Not sure.
1%

Total votes: 117

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Poll] "No research queue for you"

Post by Gergely »

It appears that option number 4 won!

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

The only 'queue' that is actually needed is one that continues repeatable tech as that is a hinderance for late-game afk'ing.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Rakshasa wrote:The only 'queue' that is actually needed is one that continues repeatable tech as that is a hinderance for late-game afk'ing.
The only queue YOU need. I've been using science queuing for every single game that has science and supports research queuing.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Koub wrote:The only queue YOU need. I've been using science queuing for every single game that has science and supports research queuing.
Need is different from want. I've never needed it. I do agree that it can be useful.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Actually, need : I play too casually to remember from one time to the other what I'm aiming for at one moment. A queue helps me remembering what was the plan the last time I could get a couple hours in a given save.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Rakshasa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rakshasa »

Zavian wrote:
Koub wrote:The only queue YOU need. I've been using science queuing for every single game that has science and supports research queuing.
Need is different from want. I've never needed it. I do agree that it can be useful.
And I should have been more clear; it's the only queue semi-required for a vanilla game assuming the level of interactivity the game seems to demand atm.

Having a fully featured science queue impacts the interactivity of research goal selection upon finished research, while the queue I was supporting merely removes the semi-arbitrary halts in the game.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Rakshasa wrote:
Zavian wrote:
And I should have been more clear; it's the only queue semi-required for a vanilla game assuming the level of interactivity the game seems to demand atm.

Having a fully featured science queue impacts the interactivity of research goal selection upon finished research, while the queue I was supporting merely removes the semi-arbitrary halts in the game.
I find it least cost saving for unlimited repeatable sciences. For those the default is to simply research the next and you only have to click the research button. And every level takes twice as long as the previous. So the saving is trivial and after the first few the time between clicks becomes long enough to not matter at all.

I need the research queue to research a goal and all it prerequisites. That's where a queue is most useful.

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

I'd say NO if they change Mining Productivity to x2 every next research like other infinite techs.
Until it changed I'd say we need queue only for Mining Productivity since it's most useful tech to research endlessly, and it require to much clicking. :-(

Return to “General discussion”