Factorio annotated roadmap - 0.17+

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio annotated roadmap - 0.17+

Post by Jap2.0 »

Well, it's largely back up to date again. There are still several things that I need to go through, so expect quite a few more changes in the next day or so (and even more again when 0.17 releases), but I'm fairly happy with how it's come along in the last few hours.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

I would not call the "fluid makes sense" changes minor. I would list them as a major feature. To me, this will be a feature far far far more important than the map generation changes.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Maddhawk wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:38 pm
I would not call the "fluid makes sense" changes minor. I would list them as a major feature. To me, this will be a feature far far far more important than the map generation changes.
Yeah, it probably should go there - it may just be from hearing more and more about it, but the fluid changes in general seem to have been getting larger as we got closer to 0.17. I'll keep that in mind when I get to the next much needed and far overdue update of this.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

The time this must of taken :) Thanks Jap!
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

jackthesmack
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jackthesmack »

This roadmap is quite out of date. Are there any other roadmaps out there that are more up to date?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

https://wiki.factorio.com/Roadmap
This one is updated by the devs, so it's probably the most up to date you can get. It's far less detailed though.

This topic was created by a forum member, but updating it with all the details is an insane task, and as it could be guessed, at some point, the updates ceased (probably because OP had more important things to do in real life, which is clearly understandable).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Furthermore, as mentioned multiple times in this thread, there is https://wiki.factorio.com/Upcoming_features which is updated, reliable, and more detailed than the official roadmap.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

When will the beacons finally be High Res?
Also, will the personal equipment grid graphics ever be HR?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Koub wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:22 am
This topic was created by a forum member, but updating it with all the details is an insane task, and as it could be guessed, at some point, the updates ceased (probably because OP had more important things to do in real life, which is clearly understandable).
Correct. I should edit the post to put this at the top. I do hope to be able to update it sometime, but I can't guarantee that it will be frequently or consistently. An additional consequence of not updating it constantly is that (while I do my best to aggregate all possible sources) there is a higher chance of me missing things.
Usul wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:42 am
When will the beacons finally be High Res?
Also, will the personal equipment grid graphics ever be HR?
More high-res stuff will be added throughout the next stable releases of 0.17, with the goal being that everything will be HR in 0.18 at latest. I don't know anything off hand about either, although if equipment grid uses the same icons as the toolbar and elsewhere (I'm not certain if it does), there was talk of working on those in FFF 290 and 291, which looking at the dates has likely released somewhere in 0.17. If that's the case and the personal equipment grid is not HR, then it seems likely that it's separate. I'll let you know if I find anything better about either in the coming days/weeks.

Return to “General discussion”