3D Models?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Don2010536
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

3D Models?

Post by Don2010536 »

Does anyone know where or even if you can get 3D Factorio models even user made ones would work. As to why I want them I want to make a json parser that will go through a blueprint's json file and generate a 3D rendition of the blueprint.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 3D Models?

Post by orzelek »

From what I remember devs stated that 3D models will not be published.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

It was officially stated a couple of times that base models won't become publically available, as for mods you'd have to ask the respective authors. Also...
I can only speak for my own models, but those are made to look good from the perspective they're supposed to be viewed from in factorio. If you view them from any other angle there might be things sticking out the sides, missing textures, etc. And the shadow plane below the model hides things sticking out of the bottom. So. Even with the models you'd have to do a lot of post-processing.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

The devs aren't giving out the official ones, (they've stated it won't happen before 1.0 and it's very unlikely to happen after). There aren't many user-made ones; the few I found are here.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Don2010536
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Don2010536 »

I managed to find a friend of a friend to make some for me as long as he didn't need to do textures. So hopefully will be able to make the parser soon.

Return to “General discussion”